8 days Finally got a Caracal
This is a discussion on 8 days Finally got a Caracal within the Hunting Africa forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Hunting in Africa category; Went to the eastren cape in April on my list was a caracal. The dogs were sent out every morning. ...
06-26-2011, 01:07 PM #1
- Member of North Amercian Hunting Club , SCI Life Menber National , NRA Life Member
- Hunted Africa , Canada, Mexico
- Blaserman has no Articles
- View Blaserman's Photos
8 days Finally got a Caracal
Went to the eastren cape in April on my list was a caracal. The dogs were sent out every morning. the first morning we gave it 4 hrs then went looking for other animals. The dogs contined for a few more hrs. The dog man was Jeff Ford , he is good at his job. this happened for 8 days the one morning about 7:30 we got a call they had one treed miles away and the race was on.
The Ph did'nt scare me but one time I came off the seat on the dirt road. Made to the cat it was still treed , had many others in the past days that did'nt stay treed.
when I was at the tree where the cat was I knew it was a big one . I shot it with a Bretta shot gun, I like that because it did not mess up the cape . this was my first caracal and they said it was the biggest in along time.
I will be back and mabe do that again.
06-26-2011, 01:24 PM #2
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozandjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
Sounds like the car ride might have a place at Disney world.
Congrats on your trophy.
06-26-2011, 04:23 PM #3
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
It's a great trophy! Congrats!
06-26-2011, 05:20 PM #4
- Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
- Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
- Bobpuckett has no Articles
- View Bobpuckett's Photos
Congrats on your fine trophy! they remind me of a mini mountain lion I'm going to look into adding one of those to the list.
06-26-2011, 06:38 PM #5
- Member of NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
- Hunted USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Africa
- James.Grage has no Articles
- View James.Grage's Photos
that is a big cat...good job..James Grage - New Mexico
Hold a steady Eye & Rifle...
"Very few of the so-called liberals are open-minded...they shout you down and won't let you speak if you disagree with them." John Wayne
06-26-2011, 07:44 PM #6
- Member of SCI
- Hunted Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan
- Diamondhitch has no Articles
- View Diamondhitch's Photos
I have to admit I am a bit jealous. Caracal was high on my list. Congrats, sounds like he was well earned.The journey is the reward.
06-27-2011, 11:51 AM #7
- Member of RFEC, RFETO
- Hunted Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
- Nyati has no Articles
- View Nyati's Photos
Huge cat, congratulations !
06-27-2011, 05:30 PM #8
- Member of SCI, DSC
- Hunted USA, South Africa
- Pacontender has no Articles
- View Pacontender's Photos
By LiegeRiver in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 12Last Post: 02-15-2013, 06:06 PM
By Bowhuntr64 in forum Bowhunting AfricaReplies: 18Last Post: 09-12-2012, 10:10 AM
By Second Wind in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 45Last Post: 06-30-2012, 07:49 AM
By Upton O. Good in forum Before & After the HuntReplies: 4Last Post: 01-12-2012, 10:25 PM
By Karamojo Bill in forum South Africa Hunting ReportsReplies: 10Last Post: 11-24-2010, 09:42 PM