Whats your favorite?
This is a discussion on Whats your favorite? within the Hunting Africa forums, part of the HUNT AFRICA category; If money were REALLY no object, then 28 days in the Selous, open bag, with a double rifle. If I ...
If money were REALLY no object, then 28 days in the Selous, open bag, with a double rifle. If I had to pick just one animal, sable. There's just something about them that I am drawn to more than any other African game animal.
06-18-2011, 10:51 PM #42
- Member of Rowland Ward (RW) & Association des Guides de Grande Chasse (AGGC)
- Hunted senegal, guinea, ivory coast, burkina faso, benin, cameroun, central africa, tanzania, zimbabwe, south africa
My favorite are already on my wall..... BONGO and LEOPARD!!!!!!! but for sure I will do it again, just because.... and some buffaloes and elephant and kudu and forest duiker and roe buck and and and many more..... hunting as much as I can..... but Bongo is still a dream for me.
06-19-2011, 11:39 AM #43
- Member of onis safaris
- Hunted zimbabwe, tanzania, sudafrica, namibia, mozambique, Germany, France, Spain, Poland, Argentina, Finland, Etc
Bufalo is for me the best hunting and elephant, but any time in the bush with a gun in my hands hunting it´s all.All the best,
Juan Carlos Aranda
06-20-2011, 02:33 PM #44
- Member of BBFT Mexico,SCI New Monterrey Chapter,IHEA
- Hunted Zimbabwe, USA, Mexico , Central America, Kyrgysztan, Scotland
ele first then bongoNEW SCI CHAPTER MONTERREY MEXICO
06-20-2011, 06:52 PM #45
- Member of Four star Adventures Huntign Consultant, Lifetime SCI ,Lifteime RMEF. African Slan With Bow, 48 different Species with bow
- Hunted NZ ( Lived There) Canada, USA, MX, Zimbabwe,
a LOT DEPENDS ON WHAT ONe IS WILLINg TO SPEND. ( Minimum days and trophy Fees) .
With a bow, I am pleased to have gotten 2 sable in Zimb for $2800 ( one cull for $800) Both were 37 inches. 1999.those were th good ol days.
The 4 Kudu are also a plus with bow on 4 trips.
( 48, 48 52 and 53 very Wide)
However, the Livingston Eland which was #10 SCI with a bow may still be one of better ones.
Trip in August 2012 will also attempt another kudu.
Will say that 2 of the 4 Ph`s were shaking filming the kudu bulls inside of 30 yards.
THEY WERE USED TO THEM AT 200 PLUS WITH RIFLE.
So I would say the kudu and one Cape Buff with bow ( 110 4/8 "SCI) are always special. gettign CLOSE makes it 1000x better than 300 yard shots with rifle.
My wish list would be a Bongo with bow.
May just have to be happy with P and Y Mullie Buck and Bul elk on my ranch every year with bow. no more Land /Golf Developments.
And those two are nothing to feel sorry about.
06-22-2011, 07:09 PM #46
- Member of NRA
- Hunted New Zealand, Canada, South Africa, Namiba
100lb bull elephant is what I would go for
By bluey in forum Humorous Jokes, Stories or PicturesReplies: 3Last Post: 03-10-2013, 11:39 AM
By Cliffy in forum Hunting Conventions, Shows & EventsReplies: 3Last Post: 12-15-2012, 08:48 AM
By firehuntfish in forum Humorous Jokes, Stories or PicturesReplies: 0Last Post: 07-28-2012, 06:18 AM
By Bobpuckett in forum Humorous Jokes, Stories or PicturesReplies: 6Last Post: 12-29-2011, 11:21 AM
By jaustin in forum Up To .375Replies: 52Last Post: 07-11-2011, 10:07 AM