This is a discussion on Rifle Insurance within the Hunting Africa forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Hunting in Africa category; Hi guys I am travelling next month to South Africa like every year... and i have the same problem like ...
04-24-2011, 12:07 PM #1
I am travelling next month to South Africa like every year... and i have the same problem like every year... the difficulty to get a proper insurance for my rifles. Last years I have tried several posibilities, and no one really convinces me.
I want to get an affordable insurance, for a two weeks safari, covering if the weapon is lossed or stolen, or simply get any damage.
Do you have any suggestion ?? Sure many of you have dealed with this problem , and can give me the solutions you have got.
04-24-2011, 06:20 PM #2
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozandjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
Jose, i have contacted my home owners policy insurer and have been told that is how my rifles are covered against, theft, loss, etc.
No idea if that helps you. I asked them twice just to make sure.
04-24-2011, 10:26 PM #3
Also i asked airlines insurance, and they cover a very low amout of money based on weight... so it is a ridiculous insurance, and they don´t allow to increase the insurance ( the airplanes are terribly damaging weapons in the airports...).
04-25-2011, 09:12 AM #4
- Member of RFEC, RFETO
- Hunted Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
- Nyati has no Articles
- View Nyati's Photos
Try Mapfre, seguros de viaje.
04-25-2011, 11:16 AM #5
04-25-2011, 08:21 PM #6
- Member of Bear-Hunting.Org
- 1Shot2Kills has no Articles
- 1Shot2Kills has no Photos
04-28-2011, 12:07 PM #7
- Member of SCI, NRA, RMEF & CBA
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa, Finland & USA
- Uncompahgre has no Articles
- Uncompahgre has no Photos
I use Sportsman's Insurance for my firearms, scopes, binoculars, and bows. The insurance coverage is the most comprehensive I have found and I believe the cost is very reasaonable. I don't use my homeowers or NRA's at all because of this. SCI promotes this company. Sportsmans Insurance Agency, Inc
05-09-2011, 03:10 PM #8
05-15-2011, 10:25 AM #9
- Member of SCI life member, FNAWS life member, GSCO life member, NRA life member, Mule Deer Foundation life Member, CA FNAWS life member, SCI SF Greater Bay Area life member, MZURI Safari Club-San Francisco
- Hunted Canada, South Africa, Namibia, Tanzania 2x, Zimbabwe 2x, New Zealand, Spain, Turkey, Argentina, Mexico, and trips planned Zimbabwe June 11, Zambia October 11, Cameroon 2012, Tajikistan 2012, Zimbabwe 2013
- RichP has no Articles
- View RichP's Photos
I have had problems a couple of times with rifles going missing or being damaged hunting overseas. Westley Richards turned me on to Core-Vens who DSC also recommends. Tim Hartsock 563-242-5423. I had trouble with a claim before from another company. The Core-Vens policy is much more friendly than other policies I have researched.
05-15-2011, 10:56 AM #10
- Member of North Amercian Hunting Club , SCI Life Menber National , NRA Life Member
- Hunted Africa , Canada, Mexico
- Blaserman has no Articles
- View Blaserman's Photos
I use sportsmens INS
By LiegeRiver in forum Before & After the HuntReplies: 18Last Post: 06-03-2013, 10:10 AM
By Second Wind in forum Before & After the HuntReplies: 9Last Post: 07-14-2012, 05:44 AM
By wilydawg in forum Before & After the HuntReplies: 12Last Post: 09-20-2011, 05:09 AM
By chip in forum Before & After the HuntReplies: 0Last Post: 08-04-2010, 06:28 PM
By G-MAN in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 5Last Post: 07-01-2009, 06:59 AM