This is a discussion on Monster Warthog within the Hunting Africa forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Hunting in Africa category; Originally Posted by Anbessa Gedai That is a collection of tusks.... Incredible Izigqiki, Knobkerrie, collections as well.. What are the ...
02-22-2013, 07:33 AM #21
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi) South Africa ( Limpopo, Kwazulu Natal, Northern Cape) Canada (BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia) USA (Montana, Washington, South Dakota, California, Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas, Minnesota, North Carolina, Virginia, Utah, Hawaii)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
02-24-2013, 12:16 AM #22
- Member of NRA - LIFE MEMBER & SCI - LIFE MEMBER
- Hunted Ethiopia, Kenya, Mocambique, Zimbabwe, Republic of South Africa, Namibia, The Cameroon
- Anbessa Gedai has no Articles
- View Anbessa Gedai's Photos
THANKS! . . . . I collected the headrests in Kenya, & Ethiopia, the one light colored one from western Somalia. All the knobkerries are Masai from Kenya . . "Rungu's" as they are known there. The white objects on the bottom shelf are those large land snails you find in much of the Sub-Sahara (these ones from Zim', and a few from Kenya). I've picked these all up while hunting and have learned that you don't spot them until the snail has died and the shell has bleached white over the years in the sun and weather. Finally spotted a live one - and could see why they're so difficult to spot when they're alive . . . a live snail is well camoflaged with an earthy brown color with stripes. Like many hunters, I'm cursed with that "collector disease" collecting not only trophies but every other goddam thing too!
03-09-2013, 10:43 AM #23
- Member of SCI
- Hunted Zimbabwe, RSA, Canada
- BigUglyMan has no Articles
- View BigUglyMan's Photos
It a big one even with the scrawny lady holding it "American-style".
03-09-2013, 11:21 AM #24