THE DEAD CROWS..
This is a discussion on THE DEAD CROWS.. within the Humorous Jokes, Stories or Pictures forums, part of the GENERAL category; Researchers for the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority found over 200 dead crows near greater Boston recently, and there was concern that ...
11-07-2013, 07:08 AM #1
- Hunted South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Poachers.
- DOC-404 has no Articles
- View DOC-404's Photos
THE DEAD CROWS..
Researchers for the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority found over 200 dead crows near greater Boston recently, and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu.
A Bird Pathologist examined the remains of all the crows, and, to everyone's relief, confirmed the problem was definitely NOT Avian Flu.
The cause of death appeared to be vehicular impacts.
However, during the detailed analysis it was noted that varying colours of paints appeared on the bird's beaks and claws.
By analysing these paint residues it was determined that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, while only 2% werekilled by an impact with a car.
MTA then hired an Ornithological Behaviourist to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of truck kills versus car kills.
The Ornithological Behaviourist very quickly concluded the cause: when crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow in a nearby tree to warn of impending danger.
They discovered that while all the lookout crows could shout "Cah", not a single one could shout "Truck."
11-07-2013, 07:12 AM #2
- Member of Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, Nort American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
- Hunted Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)
I didn't see that coming....good one Doc!" Once You Leave Africa.....She Never Leaves You"
11-07-2013, 08:22 AM #3
- Member of RFEC, RFETO
- Hunted Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
- Nyati has no Articles
- View Nyati's Photos
11-07-2013, 03:02 PM #4
- Member of SCI, NRA
- Hunted South Africia, Botswana, Alaska, Canada, Most Western US
- arizona has no Articles
- View arizona's Photos
Had the same problem here in Las Vegas. However, a vet said they had "chirpies". It's a canarial disease, but it's tweetable.
11-08-2013, 05:59 PM #6
- Hunted Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
- Cliffy has no Articles
- View Cliffy's Photos
Hardi har har :-)IF YOU GO ONCE-YOU WILL GO AGAIN-DEAL WITH IT
By AkMike in forum Humorous Jokes, Stories or PicturesReplies: 3Last Post: 04-06-2013, 06:57 PM
By DOC-404 in forum NewsReplies: 8Last Post: 10-09-2012, 11:40 PM
By DOC-404 in forum Humorous Jokes, Stories or PicturesReplies: 9Last Post: 08-21-2012, 11:26 AM
By DOC-404 in forum Humorous Jokes, Stories or PicturesReplies: 6Last Post: 06-22-2012, 07:32 PM
By Muntjac in forum NewsReplies: 0Last Post: 01-10-2011, 07:40 AM