The Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Become An Evil Overlord
This is a discussion on The Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Become An Evil Overlord within the Humor, Ridiculous, Shocking Jokes, Stories or Pictures forums, part of the Hunting Forums - General category; The Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Become An Evil Overlord 1. My Legions of Terror will have ...
11-10-2010, 10:48 PM #1
- Member of Terrace Rod and Gun Club
- Hunted Canada, New Zealand
- Kiwi505 has no Articles
- View Kiwi505's Photos
The Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Become An Evil Overlord
The Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever
Become An Evil Overlord
1. My Legions of Terror will have helmets with clear Plexiglas
visors, not face-concealing ones.
2. My ventilation ducts will be too small to crawl through.
3. My noble half-brother whose throne I usurped will be killed, not
kept anonymously imprisoned in a forgotten cell of my dungeon.
4. Shooting is not too good for my enemies.
5. The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on
the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the
Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same
applies to the object which is my one weakness.
6. I will not gloat over my enemies' predicament before killing
7. When I've captured my adversary and he says, "Look, before you
kill me, will you at least tell me what this is all about?" I'll
say, "No." and shoot him. No, on second thought I'll shoot him then
8. After I kidnap the beautiful princess, we will be married
immediately in a quiet civil ceremony, not a lavish spectacle in
three weeks' time during which the final phase of my plan will be
9. I will not include a self-destruct mechanism unless absolutely
necessary. If it is necessary, it will not be a large red button
labeled "Danger: Do Not Push". The big red button marked "Do Not
Push" will instead trigger a spray of bullets on anyone stupid
enough to disregard it. Similarly, the ON/OFF switch will not
clearly be labeled as such.
10. I will not interrogate my enemies in the inner sanctum-a small
hotel well outside my borders will work just as well.
11. I will be secure in my superiority. Therefore, I will feel no
need to prove it by leaving clues in the form of riddles or leaving
my weaker enemies alive to show they pose no threat.
12. One of my advisors will be an average five-year-old child. Any
flaws in my plan that he is able to spot will be corrected before
13. All slain enemies will be cremated, or at least have several
rounds of ammunition emptied into them, not left for dead at the
bottom of the cliff. The announcement of their deaths, as well as
any accompanying celebration, will be deferred until after the
14. The hero is not entitled to a last kiss, a last cigarette, or
any other form of last request.
15. I will never employ any device with a digital countdown. If I
find that such a device is absolutely unavoidable, I will set it to
activate when the counter reaches 117 and the hero is just putting
his plan into operation.
16. I will never utter the sentence "But before I kill you, there's
just one thing I want to know."
17. When I employ people as advisors, I will occasionally listen to
18. I will not have a son. Although his laughably under-planned
attempt to usurp power would easily fail, it would provide a fatal
distraction at a crucial point in time.
19. I will not have a daughter. She would be as beautiful as she was
evil, but one look at the hero's rugged countenance and she'd betray
her own father.
20. Despite its proven stress-relieving effect, I will not indulge
in maniacal laughter. When so occupied, it's too easy to miss
unexpected developments that a more attentive individual could
adjust to accordingly.
21. I will hire a talented fashion designer to create original
uniforms for my Legions of Terror, as opposed to some cheap
knock-offs that make them look like Nazi storm troopers, Roman foot
soldiers, or savage Mongol hordes. All were eventually defeated and
I want my troops to have a more positive
22. No matter how tempted I am with the prospect of unlimited power,
I will not consume any energy field bigger than my head.
23. I will keep a special cache of low-tech weapons and train my
troops in their use. That way-even if the heroes manage to
neutralize my power generator and/or render the standard-issue
energy weapons useless my troops will not be overrun by a handful of
savages armed with spears and rocks.
24. I will maintain a realistic assessment of my strengths and
weaknesses. Even though this takes some of the fun out of the job, I
will never utter the line "No, this cannot be! I AM INVINCIBLE!!!"
(After that, death is usually instantaneous.)
25. No matter how well it would perform, I will never construct any
sort of machinery which is completely indestructible except for one
small and virtually inaccessible vulnerable spot.
26. No matter how attractive certain members of the rebellion are,
there is probably someone just as attractive who is not desperate to
kill me. Therefore, I will think twice before ordering a prisoner
sent to my bedchamber.
27. I will never build only one of anything important. All important
systems will have redundant control panels and power supplies. For
the same reason I will always carry at least two fully loaded
weapons at all times.
28. My pet monster will be kept in a secure cage from which it
cannot escape and into which I could not accidentally stumble.
29. I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my
enemies into confusion.
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and
cowardly thieves in the land will be pre-emptively put to death. My
foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no
source of comic relief.
31. All naive, busty tavern wenches in my realm will be replaced
with surly, world-weary waitresses who will provide no unexpected
reinforcements and/or romantic subplot for the hero or his sidekick.
32. I will not fly into a rage and kill a messenger who brings me
bad news just to illustrate how evil I really am. Good messengers
are hard to come by.
33. I won't require high-ranking female members of my organization
to wear a stainless-steel bustier. Morale is better with a more
casual dress-code. Similarly, outfits made entirely from black
leather will be reserved for formal occasions.
34. I will not turn into a snake. It never helps.
35. I will not grow a goatee. In the old days they made you look
diabolic. Now they just make you look like a disaffected member of
36. I will not imprison members of the same party in the same cell
block, let alone the same cell. If they are important prisoners, I
will keep the only key to the cell door on my person instead of
handing out copies to every bottom-rung guard in the prison.
37. If my trusted lieutenant tells me my Legions of Terror are
losing a battle, I will believe him. After all, he's my trusted
38. If an enemy I have just killed has a younger sibling or
offspring anywhere, I will find them and have them killed
immediately, instead of waiting for them to grow up harboring
feelings of vengeance towards me in my old age.
39. If I absolutely must ride into battle, I will certainly not ride
at the forefront of my Legions of Terror, nor will I seek out my
opposite number among his army.
40. I will be neither chivalrous nor sporting. If I have an
unstoppable super weapon, I will use it as early and as often as
possible instead of keeping it in reserve.
41. Once my power is secure, I will destroy all those pesky time-
42. When I capture the hero, I will make sure I also get his dog,
monkey, ferret, or whatever sickeningly cute little animal capable
of untying ropes and fetching keys happens to follow him around.
43. I will maintain a healthy amount of skepticism when I capture
the beautiful rebel and she claims she is attracted to my power and
good looks and will gladly betray her companions if I just let her
in on my plans.
44. I will only employ bounty hunters who work for money. Those who
work for the pleasure of the hunt tend to do dumb things like even
the odds to give the other guy a sporting chance.
45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is
responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general
screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here
is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random
46. If an advisor says to me "My liege, he is but one man. What can
one man possibly do?", I will reply "This." and kill the advisor.
47. If I learn that a callow youth has begun a quest to destroy me,
I will slay him while he is still a callow youth instead of waiting
for him to mature.
48. I will treat any beast which I control through magic or
technology with respect and kindness. Thus if the control is ever
broken, it will not immediately come after me for revenge.
49. If I learn the whereabouts of the one artifact which can destroy
me, I will not send all my troops out to seize it. Instead I will
send them out to seize something else and quietly put a Want- Ad in
the local paper.
50. My main computers will have their own special operating system
that will be completely incompatible with standard IBM and Macintosh
51. If one of my dungeon guards begins expressing concern over the
conditions in the beautiful princess' cell, I will immediately
transfer him to a less people-oriented position.
52. I will hire a team of board-certified architects and surveyors
to examine my castle and inform me of any secret passages and
abandoned tunnels that I might not know about.
53. If the beautiful princess that I capture says "I'll never marry
you! Never, do you hear me, NEVER!!!", I will say "Oh well" and kill
54. I will not strike a bargain with a demonic being then attempt to
double-cross it simply because I feel like being contrary.
55. The deformed mutants and odd-ball psychotics will have their
place in my Legions of Terror. However before I send them out on
important covert missions that require tact and subtlety, I will
first see if there is anyone else equally qualified who would
attract less attention.
56. My Legions of Terror will be trained in basic marksmanship. Any
who cannot learn to hit a man-sized target at 10 meters will be used
for target practice.
57. Before employing any captured artifacts or machinery, I will
carefully read the owner's manual.
58. If it becomes necessary to escape, I will never stop to pose
dramatically and toss off a one-liner.
59. I will never build a sentient computer smarter than I am.
60. My five-year-old child advisor will also be asked to decipher
any code I am thinking of using. If he breaks the code in under 30
seconds, it will not be used. Note: this also applies to passwords.
61. If my advisors ask "Why are you risking everything on such a mad
scheme?", I will not proceed until I have a response that satisfies
62. I will design fortress hallways with no alcoves or protruding
structural supports which intruders could use for cover in a
63. Bulk trash will be disposed of in incinerators, not compactors.
And they will be kept hot, with none of that nonsense about flames
going through accessible tunnels at predictable intervals.
64. I will see a competent psychiatrist and get cured of all
extremely unusual phobias and bizarre compulsive habits which could
prove to be a disadvantage.
65. If I must have computer systems with publicly available
terminals, the maps they display of my complex will have a room
clearly marked as the Main Control Room. That room will be the
Execution Chamber. The actual main control room will be marked as
Sewage Overflow Containment.
66. My security keypad will actually be a fingerprint scanner.
Anyone who watches someone press a sequence of buttons or dusts the
pad for fingerprints then subsequently tries to enter by repeating
that sequence will trigger the alarm system.
67. No matter how many shorts we have in the system, my guards will
be instructed to treat every surveillance camera malfunction as a
68. I will spare someone who saved my life sometime in the past.
This is only reasonable as it encourages others to do so. However,
the offer is good one time only. If they want me to spare them
again, they'd better save my life again.
69. All midwives will be banned from the realm. All babies will be
delivered at state-approved hospitals. Orphans will be placed in
foster-homes, not abandoned in the woods to be raised by creatures
of the wild.
70. When my guards split up to search for intruders, they will
always travel in groups of at least two. They will be trained so
that if one of them disappears mysteriously while on patrol, the
other will immediately initiate an alert and call for backup,
instead of quizzically peering around a corner.
71. If I decide to test a lieutenant's loyalty and see if he/she
should be made a trusted lieutenant, I will have a crack squad of
marksmen standing by in case the answer is no.
72. If all the heroes are standing together around a strange device
and begin to taunt me, I will pull out a conventional weapon instead
of using my unstoppable super weapon on them.
73. I will not agree to let the heroes go free if they win a rigged
contest, even though my advisors assure me it is impossible for them
74. When I create a multimedia presentation of my plan designed so
that my five-year-old advisor can easily understand the details, I
will not label the disk "Project Overlord" and leave it lying on top
of my desk.
75. I will instruct my Legions of Terror to attack the hero en
masse, instead of standing around waiting while members break off
and attack one or two at a time.
76. If the hero runs up to my roof, I will not run up after him and
struggle with him in an attempt to push him over the edge. I will
also not engage him at the edge of a cliff. (In the middle of a
rope- bridge over a river of molten lava is not even worth
77. If I have a fit of temporary insanity and decide to give the
hero the chance to reject a job as my trusted lieutenant, I will
retain enough sanity to wait until my current trusted lieutenant is
out of earshot before making the offer.
78. I will not tell my Legions of Terror "And he must be taken
alive!" The command will be "And try to take him alive if it is
79. If my doomsday device happens to come with a reverse switch, as
soon as it has been employed it will be melted down and made into
limited-edition commemorative coins.
80. If my weakest troops fail to eliminate a hero, I will send out
my best troops instead of wasting time with progressively stronger
ones as he gets closer and closer to my fortress.
81. If I am fighting with the hero atop a moving platform such as a
train, have disarmed him, and am about to finish him off and he
glances behind me and drops flat, I too will drop flat instead of
quizzically turning around to find out what he saw.
82. I will not shoot at any of my enemies if they are standing in
front of the crucial support beam to a heavy, dangerous, unbalanced
83. If I'm eating dinner with the hero, put poison in his goblet,
then have to leave the table for any reason, I will order new drinks
for both of us instead of trying to decide whether or not to switch
84. I will not have captives of one sex guarded by members of the
85. I will not use any plan in which the final step is horribly
complicated, e.g. "Align the 12 Stones of Power on the sacred altar
then activate the medallion at the moment of total eclipse." Instead
it will be more along the lines of "Push the button."
86. I will make sure that my doomsday device is up to code and
87. My vats of hazardous chemicals will be covered when not in use.
Also, I will not construct walkways above them.
88. If a group of henchmen fail miserably at a task, I will not
berate them for incompetence then send the same group out to try the
89. After I captures the hero's super weapon, I will not immediately
disband my legions and relax my guard because I believe whoever
holds the weapon is unstoppable. After all, the hero held the weapon
and I took it from him.
90. I will not design my Main Control Room so that every workstation
is facing away from the door.
91. I will not ignore the messenger that stumbles in exhausted and
obviously agitated until my personal grooming or current
entertainment is finished. It might actually be important.
92. If I ever talk to the hero on the phone, I will not taunt him.
Instead I will say this his dogged perseverance has given me new
insight on the futility of my evil ways and that if he leaves me
alone for a few months of quiet contemplation I will likely return
to the path of righteousness (Heroes are incredibly gullible in this
93. If I decide to hold a double execution of the hero and an
underling who failed or betrayed me, I will see to it that the hero
is scheduled to go first.
94. When arresting prisoners, my guards will not allow them to stop
and grab a useless trinket of purely sentimental value.
95. My dungeon will have its own qualified medical staff complete
with bodyguards. That way if a prisoner becomes sick and his
cellmate tells the guard it's an emergency, the guard will fetch a
trauma team instead of opening up the cell for a look.
96. My door mechanisms will be designed so that blasting the control
panel on the outside seals the door and blasting the control panel
on the inside opens the door, not vice versa.
97. My dungeon cells will not be furnished with objects that contain
reflective surfaces or anything that can be unraveled.
98. If an attractive young couple enters my realm, I will carefully
monitor their activities. If I find they are happy and affectionate,
I will ignore them. However if circumstance have forced them
together against their will and they spend all their time bickering
and criticizing each other except during the intermittent occasions
when they are saving each others' lives at which point there are
hints of sexual tension, I will immediately order their execution.
99. Any data file of crucial importance will be padded to 1.45Mb in
100. Finally, to keep my subjects permanently locked in a mindless
trance, I will provide each of them with free unlimited Internet
11-10-2010, 11:01 PM #2
YEAH !!!! great one ............
MonishITS NOT THE RIFLE BUT THE MAN BEHIND THE RIFLE
11-12-2010, 11:59 AM #3
- Member of currently none, formerly NRA, DU, NAHC
- Hunted Alaska, Texas, Wyoming, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Kansas
- ECHIV has no Articles
- ECHIV has no Photos
After all, an evil overlord is nothing if not obsessive compulsive about the details.I can't shoot straight so I always try to hunt around a corner!
By Divernhunter in forum Before & After the HuntReplies: 8Last Post: 11-28-2012, 01:17 AM