GENERAL COSGROVE'S ANSWER
This is a discussion on GENERAL COSGROVE'S ANSWER within the Humor, Ridiculous, Shocking Jokes, Stories or Pictures forums, part of the Hunting Forums - General category; For those that don't know him, Major General Peter Cosgrove is an Australian of very high standing. This is a ...
02-27-2013, 02:39 AM #1
- Member of SSAA, NZDA
- Hunted Germany, NZ, Australia
- timbear has no Articles
- timbear has no Photos
GENERAL COSGROVE'S ANSWER
For those that don't know him, Major General Peter Cosgrove is an Australian of very high standing.
This is a portion of an ABC radio interview between a female broadcaster and General Cosgrove who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military Headquarters.
So, General Cosgrove, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?
We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery and shooting.
Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?
I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.
Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?
I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.
But you're equipping them to become violent killers.
Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?
The broadcast went silent for 46 seconds and when it returned, the interview was over.
I would pay money to have seen her face…
I bet it would have made lemon juice look like honey.Overkill is underestimated!
02-27-2013, 02:43 AM #2
- Hunted South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Poachers.
- DOC-404 has no Articles
- View DOC-404's Photos
02-27-2013, 04:25 AM #3
- Member of Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA
- Hunted Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)
02-27-2013, 08:12 AM #4
- Member of RFEC, RFETO
- Hunted Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
- Nyati has no Articles
- View Nyati's Photos
02-27-2013, 10:50 AM #5
- Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
- Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
- Bobpuckett has no Articles
- View Bobpuckett's Photos
02-27-2013, 03:24 PM #6
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozondjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
Good comeback!Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
02-27-2013, 04:00 PM #7
- Member of Sporting Shooters Association of Australia, Australian Deer Association, Australian Hunting Net
- Hunted Australia, New Zealand
- blacks has no Articles
- View blacks's Photos
It's actually not true and Cosgrove never said it, but it's been circulating the internet attributed to him for some years. Regardless, it's a great line!
02-27-2013, 04:41 PM #8
- Member of ssaa, aba ,bairnsdale field archers
- Hunted australia south africa (limpopo) canada (b.c)
- bluey has no Articles
- View bluey's Photos
like chopper read said in one of his books ; never let the truth get in the way of a good story.
it would have been funny to be there and seen her face
By INGOZI in forum Bowhunting AfricaReplies: 9Last Post: 07-10-2012, 05:01 AM
By billc in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 27Last Post: 07-18-2011, 09:00 AM
By AFRICAN INDABA in forum Latest Hunting NewsReplies: 0Last Post: 01-28-2010, 09:48 AM