AfricaHunting.com is a community of hunters and outdoor enthusiasts dedicated to sharing their love of nature, wildlife and hunting in Africa. This is a friendly community based on mutual respect. Our focus is to inform and enhanced the enjoyment within the hunting safari community by encouraging the mutual exchange of experiences, ideas and opinions. We sincerely hope you enjoy and benefit from your time spent with us.
Everyone is welcome to interact by answering and commenting on posts made by members, posting your own questions and content such as stories, articles, ratings and reviews, pictures and videos. Any violation of the general rules may result in restricting the offender's future ability to post on AfricaHunting.com. Please be respectful of other members at all times.
Hope you understand that if AfricaHunting.com was to allow everyone to post just solicitous advertisements and direct promotion for themselves with no valuable content for hunters, it would defeat the purpose of the site as a resource and degrade the quality of AfricaHunting.com where informative content is sought by thousands of hunters everyday.
Creating New Threads
For the most part, this should be common sense, but in case it's not...
- Start threads in the most relevant forum category.
- Don't create empty posts that contain nothing but a link (if you are going to link to a news article for example, give a summary of it in your own words). Be careful when linking to sites you are affiliates with, as it may cross the lines into self-promotion/spamming.
- Don't post personal attacks against other members. Take up whatever your issue you have with them privately. The world probably doesn't care that you don't like Joe.
- Search before you post a new thread, because there's a good chance someone already posted it. We don't need 50 threads letting everyone know Michael Jackson died... One is enough.
PostingThis also should be common sense, but some of the things people like to try and do that isn't allowed...
- No mentioning or linking to any competitor of AfricaHunting.com.
- No posts, topics or links to purely advertise a product or service.
- Don't post in threads just to "bump" them to the top of the list of threads.
- Don't hijack threads/topics. This includes (but not limited to) purposely changing the subject, posting in someone's sales thread to offer your opinion when you have no intention of buying.
- Copy/paste posts, junk posts, and other ambiguous replies will be treated as spam and will be deleted, wasting your time and ours. We may also issue spam warnings which could very quickly lead to a ban.
- Don't mask your links with a URL that redirects the user. If you want to link to something, link to the actual page. This includes affiliate links which are only allowed in signatures (not posts).
- Don't post stuff that is a copy/paste. We don't have any need for duplicate content/plagiarism.
- AfricaHunting.com makes no warranty as to the integrity or reliability of any content posted to its servers.
Unsolicited Conversation/Private Message (PM) to promote, sell or offer anything to members is not allowed and if you are reported or found to be soliciting members of the site through the PM system you will be banned.
Commercial and Promotional Posting PrivilegesProfessional hunters, hunting guides and hunting outfitters are an asset to AfricaHunting.com as they bring a wealth of knowledge, we want them visiting and participating on the site as much as possible.
- Commercial and promotional posting privileges (including User Name, Avatar, Signature, Signature Picture and Link) are reserved for ADVERTISERS/SPONSORS of AfricaHunting.com (restrictions may apply). Non-sponsoring hunting outfitters, professional hunters and hunting guides can promote their Hunts OFFERED in the GREAT DEALS on Hunts Worldwide section but are limited to three post offers in that section, after which time they must become sponsors of the site to continue posting deals or offers. This includes regular priced hunts, discounted hunts; canceled hunts with forfeited deposits, short notice hunts, cull/management hunts or problem animal hunts.
- Members may not post for hunting outfitters, professional hunters and hunting guides. Any post in the GREAT DEALS on Hunts Worldwide section must be made by the hunting outfitters, professional hunters and hunting guides under their account.
- Unless you are an ADVERTISER/SPONSOR of AfricaHunting.com, hunting outfitter, professional hunter or hunting guide you may not do anything on the site to promote a business, website, forum, blog, Facebook account, YouTube Channel... This rule applies whether or not you are the owner of the business or website. You may not link to any commercial non sponsor website in your signature. You may not include the name of any non sponsor business in your User Name, Signature or in your Public Profile including the Home Page found there. You may not have a User Name that promotes your business. You may not post a message that is for the purpose of promoting your business with either text, pictures or videos. Non sponsors may post replies of a helpful nature that involve topics related to their trade or type of business in response to requests for such general information from other members. Non sponsor forum members engaged in a profit making enterprise who receive a direct request for their services or products in a thread may post "Conversation sent", "PM sent" or "Email sent" and then conduct their business off line. Posting responses to specific questions that include your URL is permitted in some cases. Generally, if someone is asking for information on a product or service, where to purchase a product or service, or about your specific hunting outfit, agency or store posting a URL is deemed appropriate. You may not however post URLs in which someone is asking about general products unless that URL answers the specific question. This can be a tricky process so please contact a Moderator before making a post if you are uncertain if you are crossing the line. When in doubt refrain from posting your URL and never, ever post your URL as an alternative to a question someone is asking about another hunting outfit, agency or store.
- Free hunt or giveaway offers need to be worked out and approved first by AfricaHunting.com.
- Fund raisers, charitable or other, need to be approved first by AfricaHunting.com.