Buffalo Outfitter in Zimbabwe
This is a discussion on Buffalo Outfitter in Zimbabwe within the GREAT DEALS on Hunts Worldwide forums, part of the HUNT AFRICA category; I am looking to hunt buffalo in Zim next year. I have hunted in SA and Namibia but this is ...
03-29-2012, 06:36 PM #1
- Member of NWTF, SCI, DSC, Delta Waterfowl, NRA
- Hunted USA, Canada, RSA, Mexico, Argentina
Buffalo Outfitter in Zimbabwe
I am looking to hunt buffalo in Zim next year. I have hunted in SA and Namibia but this is my first trip to Zim. Can anyone recommend a buffalo outfitter they have used in Zim? I would really like to hunt around the Zambezi, if possible?
I appreciate the advice!
03-29-2012, 07:33 PM #2
- Member of NRA, DU, DSC
- Hunted Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Tanzania
Martin Pieters Safaris (Omay North and Omay South) Martin Pieters Safaris :: Omay Zimbabwe Safaris :: Welcome
CM Safaris (Buzz Charlton and Myles McCallum) Charlton McCallum Safaris - Zimbabwe Safari Tours, Hunting Big Game Trophies in Dande Safari Area, Zimbabwe, Africa.
Walker Watson Safaris (Cliff Walker Rifa area) Walker & Watson African Safaris
I would/have hunted with any of these guys without hesitation. They are all Zim companies and are well respected in the business.
Other good ones are HHK, Chifuti, Mokore (on Save Conservancy), Shaun Buffee Safaris (on Bubye Conservancy)
03-29-2012, 08:12 PM #3
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozondjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
Mike just gave you an excellent list of the well known folks offering what you are looking for.
All you need is mikes list. All top notch outfits.I have walked in the tracks of the elephant, heard the lion roar and met the buffalo on his terms. I shall never be the same.
03-30-2012, 07:41 AM #5
- Member of Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, Nort American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
- Hunted Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)
Agreed. Mike's list is a good one. If you decide on Martin Peter's in the Omay, ask for Scott Bailey as your PH. Best I've ever hunted with. Don't rule out the Save Conservancy or Bubye, they are taking great buffalo out of there. Good luck and let us know the details!
03-30-2012, 08:11 AM #6
- Member of NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
- Hunted USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Africa
I like to use the internet and check out as many outfitters and PH'S as possible.
I like to ask for references both good and poor and make the calls and follow ups as necessary.
On a cape Buffalo hunt are you looking at size?
I also ask the trophy size and success rate for the past 2 years.
When scheduling an safari we usually ask for the best times of the season to be in camp and how far out they are booked for these slots.
I like to price shop when looking at hunting safari's
Are you flexible in your hunting location?
There are locations in Zimbabwe that offer cull operation where you can expect 32 to 38 inch Cape Buffalo at a reduced rate plus you could add a trophy Cape Buffalo on top of that is wanted with normal trophy fees.
One thing that i have seen is you need to check the Daily fees and Trophy Fees closely as they will be different and you need to do the math for each to see what your total projected cost will be.
Some safari locations they will be able to pick you up at an airport and other you will need a bush flight to make it into the field.
I am sure you will do your research and put a spread sheet together for comparisons value.
James Grage - New Mexico
Hold a steady Eye & Rifle...
"Very few of the so-called liberals are open-minded...they shout you down and won't let you speak if you disagree with them." John Wayne
03-30-2012, 08:48 AM #7
- Member of SCI, DJV, VDP, NTA
- Hunted Namibia, RSA, Zimbabwe, USA (WY, TX), Canada, Kyrgyzstan, Turkey, Latvia, Scotland, UK, Estonia, Germany
03-30-2012, 10:40 PM #8
- Member of ZPHA SOAZ
- Hunted Zimbabwe Mozambique and Zambia
- Buzz Charlton has no Photos
Mikes list if I may say so is a good one- you will have a good safari with all listed. Likewise Terry is a super fellow and good hunter. We own/ operate two areas in the Zambezi Valley been the Dande Safaris area and Dande East and 11 and 1 in the Save Valley been Hammond. Check out Charlton McCallum Safaris - Zimbabwe Safari Tours, Hunting Big Game Trophies in Dande Safari Area, Zimbabwe, Africa. and feel free to drop me an email and I will happily send you some more info etc. Cheers Buzz
By GROOTPAN HUNTING SAFARIS in forum GREAT DEALS on Hunts WorldwideReplies: 30Last Post: 02-29-2012, 09:35 AM
By theov in forum GREAT DEALS on Hunts WorldwideReplies: 9Last Post: 04-13-2011, 02:13 AM
By Robbie Kruger Safaris in forum GREAT DEALS on Hunts WorldwideReplies: 0Last Post: 04-05-2010, 06:25 AM
By richteb in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 4Last Post: 08-16-2009, 08:52 PM