Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

SABLE AND ROAN HUNT SPECIAL!!!

This is a discussion on SABLE AND ROAN HUNT SPECIAL!!! within the GREAT DEALS on Hunts Worldwide forums, part of the AfricaHunting.com category; Sable in the 38-40 class at $6500 and Roan 25 at $6500. The hunt will take place in the Limpopo ...

  1. #1
    Paw Print's Avatar
    Paw Print is online now AH Fanatic
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    642

    Member of PHASA HSC

    Hunted South Africa,Zimbabwe,Mozambique

    Default SABLE AND ROAN HUNT SPECIAL!!!

    Sable in the 38-40 class at $6500 and Roan 25 at $6500.
    The hunt will take place in the Limpopo province of South Africa on 3000ha.The hunting concession is in the Hoedspruit area.
    A dayfee of $200 will be applicable,which includes the following:

    Accomodation
    Transport O R Tambo and back
    All meals
    Local beers and soft drinks
    Fully licensed PH
    Trackers and skinners
    Field prep of trophy
    Drop off at taxidermist

    EXCLUDED:
    Flight tickets
    Taxidermy
    Activities outside of hunting

    Buffalo and plainsgame can be added to the package.

    Outfitter :Pieter Erasmus
    PH:Pieter Erasmus
    Pieter Erasmus
    Paw Print Safaris - South Africa
    pieter@pawprintsafaris.co.za
    www.pawprintsafaris.co.za

  2. #2
    enysse's Avatar
    enysse is online now AH Ambassador
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,213

    Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF

    Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)

    Default

    This is a fantastic opportunity!!!

  3. #3
    Bobpuckett's Avatar
    Bobpuckett is offline GOLD SUPPORTER
    Joined
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,601

    Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters

    Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada

    Default

    That is a very good offer.
    Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.

  4. #4
    James Clark is offline New Member
    Joined
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3
    James Clark has no Photos

    Default

    As a South African Trophy hunter I've seen enough of $ prices quoted to unsuspecting foreign clients. If you own your own land or have a dedicated outfitter then by all means charge what you will. However I'm "moedeloos" of witnessing so called PH's who own a bakkie and a rifle from trying to take advantage of our current conservation / hunting situation. In no way is this directed towards this thread. However I feel that it is imperative to advise foreign clients that planning for a Buff, Sable or Lion is not a five year savings plan if they hunt with the right people. I am a regular visitor to these pages and do believe that there are bargains to be had but why convert Rands to Dollars. As a regulated country (not Ethiopia) we owe it to our potential customers to protect our integrity. If this posting offends outfitters / PH's please respond. At least clients will know who to contact for a quality / reliable hunt.

  5. #5
    enysse's Avatar
    enysse is online now AH Ambassador
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,213

    Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF

    Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Clark View Post
    As a South African Trophy hunter I've seen enough of $ prices quoted to unsuspecting foreign clients. If you own your own land or have a dedicated outfitter then by all means charge what you will. However I'm "moedeloos" of witnessing so called PH's who own a bakkie and a rifle from trying to take advantage of our current conservation / hunting situation. In no way is this directed towards this thread. However I feel that it is imperative to advise foreign clients that planning for a Buff, Sable or Lion is not a five year savings plan if they hunt with the right people. I am a regular visitor tohese pages and do believe that there are bargains to be had but why convert
    Please explain? I don't understand where you are going with this.

  6. #6
    Bobpuckett's Avatar
    Bobpuckett is offline GOLD SUPPORTER
    Joined
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,601

    Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters

    Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enysse View Post
    Please explain? I don't understand where you are going with this.
    +1
    Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.

  7. #7
    bluey's Avatar
    bluey is offline GOLD SUPPORTER
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,019

    Member of ssaa, aba ,bairnsdale field archers

    Hunted australia south africa (limpopo) canada (b.c)

    Default

    +2 ????

  8. #8
    Buff-Buster's Avatar
    Buff-Buster is online now GOLD SUPPORTER
    Joined
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,035

    Member of Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, Nort American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters

    Hunted Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)

    Default

    +3..?????? Maybe if I have one more Jack Daniels, and read it again, it will make sense...hummm?
    " Once You Leave Africa.....She Never Leaves You"

  9. #9
    Bobpuckett's Avatar
    Bobpuckett is offline GOLD SUPPORTER
    Joined
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,601

    Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters

    Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff-Buster View Post
    +3..?????? Maybe if I have one more Jack Daniels, and read it again, it will make sense...hummm?
    Now I understand he's been drinking to many Springbok's heck for that price I can't even touch it. Still a great deal.
    Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.

  10. #10
    James Clark is offline New Member
    Joined
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3
    James Clark has no Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff-Buster View Post
    +3..?????? Maybe if I have one more Jack Daniels, and read it again, it will make sense...hummm?
    Sable 38" - 40" @ R45 000.00 DR @ R750.00/DAY 2 DAYS
    Roan 24" - 26" @ R50 000.00 DR @ R750.00/DAY 2 DAYS

    Why get ripped as a foreigner?

    +5!!

  11. #11
    enysse's Avatar
    enysse is online now AH Ambassador
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,213

    Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF

    Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Clark View Post
    Sable 38" - 40" @ R45 000.00 DR @ R750.00/DAY 2 DAYS
    Roan 24" - 26" @ R50 000.00 DR @ R750.00/DAY 2 DAYS

    Why get ripped as a foreigner?

    +5!!
    Ok, where is it cheaper? What should I be paying?

  12. #12
    Bobpuckett's Avatar
    Bobpuckett is offline GOLD SUPPORTER
    Joined
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,601

    Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters

    Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enysse View Post
    Ok, where is it cheaper? What should I be paying?
    Hi Eric I think James Clark is not looking at it like he was us, being a South African he doesn't have to pay the fees we do. He doesn't require a PH to guide him as we do as foreigners so no PH fee's to be paid by outfitters, when his hunt is done then he skins and capes his own trophies as we have skinners to do this for us. Sure if I lived in South Africa I wouldn't pay these prices either but I don't, I would also have a freezer full of kudu as well.
    Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.

  13. #13
    James Clark is offline New Member
    Joined
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3
    James Clark has no Photos

    Default

    The R750.00/DAY includes a PH/ Skinning/ Tracking and caping. If I do it myself I pay R500.00/ day incl. meals ie $50.00/day. Subscirbe to Man/Magnum, SA Wild en Jag, African Outfitter etc. Fly yourself out here get picked up and do it at a fraction of the cost. We're business men, we do this kind of thing everyday! Subscribe and see!

  14. #14
    Paw Print's Avatar
    Paw Print is online now AH Fanatic
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    642

    Member of PHASA HSC

    Hunted South Africa,Zimbabwe,Mozambique

    Default

    I was watching the Mayweather Alvarez fight this morning when I received these replies to my offer.I was thinking,why do people pay so much to watch these guys fight if we can just watch two drunks brawl at the local pub.The reason,they are professionals,they did not just land up in that ring by buying a set of boxing gloves.
    Licensed outfitters,PH'S and big five licensed PH's do not just become those by owning a pick up and a rifle.
    Up and above from legislation regarding foreign hunters,and costs pertaining to running an outfit,James Clark gives the best answer himself,we are all businessmen,we do our business to make profit,and if you look at the figures James has supplied,and you consider my overheads,you will realise that this is a real good offer.
    I would like other outfitters on this forum to respond to mr Clarks allegations against us.
    Pieter Erasmus
    Paw Print Safaris - South Africa
    pieter@pawprintsafaris.co.za
    www.pawprintsafaris.co.za

  15. #15
    bluey's Avatar
    bluey is offline GOLD SUPPORTER
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,019

    Member of ssaa, aba ,bairnsdale field archers

    Hunted australia south africa (limpopo) canada (b.c)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paw Print View Post
    I was watching the Mayweather Alvarez fight this morning when I received these replies to my offer.I was thinking,why do people pay so much to watch these guys fight if we can just watch two drunks brawl at the local pub.The reason,they are professionals,they did not just land up in that ring by buying a set of boxing gloves.
    Licensed outfitters,PH'S and big five licensed PH's do not just become those by owning a pick up and a rifle.
    Up and above from legislation regarding foreign hunters,and costs pertaining to running an outfit,James Clark gives the best answer himself,we are all businessmen,we do our business to make profit,and if you look at the figures James has supplied,and you consider my overheads,you will realise that this is a real good offer.
    I would like other outfitters on this forum to respond to mr Clarks allegations against us.

    well said peter

  16. #16
    Jaco Strauss's Avatar
    Jaco Strauss is online now AfricaHunting.com SPONSOR
    Joined
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,669

    Member of SCI, PHASA, IPHA

    Hunted South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Tanzania

    Default

    Peter i also do not believe that James spends close to a $100 k marketing every season, and I am reasonably sure that his property if he owns one does not run at close to $30 00 A MONTH JAMES A MONTH:-)

    Because i firmly believe that James does not make a living out of safari's only and has found it well to call us crooks in an attempt to gain quick clients.....

    GOOD OFFER PETER I CAN'T OFFER SUCH GOOD PRICES:-)

    My best always
    Jaco Strauss
    Kwalata Wilderness safaris - South Africa/Mozambique
    Jaco@kwalata.com
    www.kwalata.com

  17. #17
    KMG Hunting Safaris's Avatar
    KMG Hunting Safaris is online now AfricaHunting.com SPONSOR
    Joined
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,225

    Member of PHASA ; SCI ; DSC ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club

    Hunted South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand

    Default

    Good deal Peter!
    Maybe you could add to the thread for when this deal is valid.

    All the best in selling this great package.

    Take Care,
    Marius Goosen
    Marius Goosen
    KMG Hunting Safaris - South Africa, Namibia, Zambia
    info@huntsafaris.co.za
    www.huntsafaris.co.za

  18. #18
    Jaco Strauss's Avatar
    Jaco Strauss is online now AfricaHunting.com SPONSOR
    Joined
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,669

    Member of SCI, PHASA, IPHA

    Hunted South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Tanzania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaco Strauss View Post
    Peter i also do not believe that James spends close to a $100 k marketing every season, and I am reasonably sure that his property if he owns one does not run at close to $30 000 A MONTH JAMES A MONTH:-)

    Because i firmly believe that James does not make a living out of safari's only and has found it well to call us crooks in an attempt to gain quick clients.....

    GOOD OFFER PETER I CAN'T OFFER SUCH GOOD PRICES:-)

    My best always
    Ment $30 000 not $3 000 The latter being one lodges electricity bill per month.
    Jaco Strauss
    Kwalata Wilderness safaris - South Africa/Mozambique
    Jaco@kwalata.com
    www.kwalata.com

  19. #19
    CT Safaris's Avatar
    CT Safaris is offline AH Enthusiast
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    254

    Member of SCI, DSC, PHASA, DWWC

    Hunted South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe Mozambique, USA

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Clark View Post
    The R750.00/DAY includes a PH/ Skinning/ Tracking and caping. If I do it myself I pay R500.00/ day incl. meals ie $50.00/day. Subscirbe to Man/Magnum, SA Wild en Jag, African Outfitter etc. Fly yourself out here get picked up and do it at a fraction of the cost. We're business men, we do this kind of thing everyday! Subscribe and see!
    Mr Clark,

    Thank you for your input...

    But it appears you are a little misinformed about the nature and business aspects of trophy hunting.

    Firstly, I don't know if you know this but there are Laws (Ordinances) that govern trophy hunting in South Africa. I will not go into the details - because there is a lot of "detail" and one of the reasons I can lay claim to the title of Outfitter and Professional Hunter is because I know these details. Knowing these details might not be important for you but it is crucially important for me. Because if I did not follow the letter of the Law when arranging and conducting hunts with tourist hunters I would be conducting illegal hunts and if I conducted illegal hunts and got caught out my clients would never see their trophies + stand the risk of prosecution themselves.

    According to the Law, any hunt by a "client" (I.e. someone who does not normally reside in SA and pays someone else for or in connection with a hunt) must be arranged by a licensed Hunting Outfitter. And any client who hunts in South Africa must be guided by a licensed Professional Hunter.

    In short this means that the "bargain" that "Oom Piet" with his cattle farm near Alldays with a few kudu and impala on it that was advertised in Magnum or Wild en Jag cannot be booked legally by a tourist hunter - as simple as that.

    The reason Oom Piet can offer impala for R850 (or even less) is because he got his advert placed in Magnum for free - it didn't cost him an airline ticket to Dallas or Reno and he didn't have to pay for booth space or accommodation while there. Another reason might be because neither Oom Piet, nor the farmhand that will be "guiding" the hunt has any idea whether the R850 impala the "client" is about to shoot will measure 18" or 26" as they never gained a qualification as Professional Hunter and simply do not know

    A good Professional Hunter in SA will earn anything from $80pd upwards. this may not be much - but it is already more than the R750 per day that you will pay for your "guided" sable hunt. And you're saying you can get accommodation, meals, services of PH etc for R750p/d?

    Well, you say you're a business man but if this would make any sense from a "business" perspective I am left speechless.

    Two days for a sable hunt? Are you shooting them in a pen?
    Chris Troskie / Chris Troskie Safaris - South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe & Mozambique
    chris@ct-safaris.com Tel: +27 82 859-0771
    www.ct-safaris.com Real Hunts for Real Hunters

  20. #20
    Paw Print's Avatar
    Paw Print is online now AH Fanatic
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    642

    Member of PHASA HSC

    Hunted South Africa,Zimbabwe,Mozambique

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KMG Hunting Safaris View Post
    Good deal Peter!
    Maybe you could add to the thread for when this deal is valid.

    All the best in selling this great package.

    Take Care,
    Marius Goosen
    Thank you Marius
    This is valid until April 2014
    Pieter Erasmus
    Paw Print Safaris - South Africa
    pieter@pawprintsafaris.co.za
    www.pawprintsafaris.co.za

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sable and Roan hunt in Namibia
    By willalieb in forum GREAT DEALS on Hunts Worldwide
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-21-2012, 11:27 AM
  2. Sable / Roan packages 2012
    By Caracal in forum GREAT DEALS on Hunts Worldwide
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 08:52 AM
  3. Sable and Roan Hunt packages for 2012!!!!!
    By Spiral Horn Safaris in forum GREAT DEALS on Hunts Worldwide
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-29-2011, 10:29 AM
  4. Sable and Roan Slam!
    By Spiral Horn Safaris in forum GREAT DEALS on Hunts Worldwide
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 07:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •