Disappearing Land Cruiser..
This is a discussion on Disappearing Land Cruiser.. within the General Chat forums, part of the GENERAL category; V8 Land-Cruiser in Saudi falls down an old abandoned 60m desert well In areas where there is fresh water under ...
12-02-2013, 09:41 PM #1
Disappearing Land Cruiser..
V8 Land-Cruiser in Saudi falls down an old abandoned 60m desert well
In areas where there is fresh water under ground the locals dig wells and support the sides with concrete and stones to keep the sand from falling back in to the well. Some of these wells are up to a 100 meters deep.
This particular one was 60 meters deep and 4 meters wide, and located outside the small town of Riyadh in the center of the Saudi desert.
These guys went out in the desert for a bit of 4X4 fun on a Thursday when one of them drove into the well and dropped 60 meters to the bottom with his V8 Cruiser.
Rescue workers could retrieve the car, and the driver had a mild concussion from hitting his head unexpectedly against the wind screen.
Its hard to believe he is alive after this mishap, and even luckier that somebody saw him disappearing into that hole!
You'd think that they'd at least put up a flag or some other indication to let people know there is a 100 m deep hole there in that nothingness?
1.jpg2.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpgWillem Pretorius--Kingdom of Bahrain
12-03-2013, 07:23 AM #2
- Member of Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, Nort American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
- Hunted Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)
Holy crap! With the damage on the back of the cruiser, it looks like another vehicle might have followed him into the hole!!!" Once You Leave Africa.....She Never Leaves You"
I suspect that there is very large pucker marks in the seats.. Possible re-colored to a subtle brown also.
12-03-2013, 04:41 PM #5
- Member of SCI
- Hunted Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan
- Diamondhitch has no Articles
- View Diamondhitch's Photos
And I thought our potholes were bad!!!The journey is the reward.
12-03-2013, 08:33 PM #6
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozondjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
Guy just needed to be going faster. He could have cleared it.Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
12-03-2013, 08:53 PM #7
- Hunted Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
- Cliffy has no Articles
- View Cliffy's Photos
Can anyone say "Hole In One!" :-) Maybe he used a sand wedge ? :-) What hole was it? I don't see a flag! :-)
Tough hole if the cup is in the bunker! :-) Makes putting a little harder.IF YOU GO ONCE-YOU WILL GO AGAIN-DEAL WITH IT
02-28-2014, 07:57 PM #8
And this is how you recover a 4x4 from a frozen lake....
[as oppose to a desert]
Willem Pretorius--Kingdom of Bahrain
03-01-2014, 10:53 AM #9
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania
- Wheels has no Articles
- View Wheels's Photos
By Bobpuckett in forum Humorous Jokes, Stories or PicturesReplies: 6Last Post: 02-24-2013, 08:02 AM
By Gerhardu in forum Free ClassifiedsReplies: 0Last Post: 11-19-2012, 02:43 AM
By Alaska Hunter in forum Hunting Reports & ReviewsReplies: 15Last Post: 09-27-2011, 09:52 AM
By willem in forum Free ClassifiedsReplies: 1Last Post: 07-19-2011, 06:07 AM