Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 61

Would you like a Cigar?

This is a discussion on Would you like a Cigar? within the General Chat forums, part of the GENERAL category; My buddy that owns a cigar shop here in town, describes the Prensado, as "like smoking a chocolate cake"...............

  1. #41
    BWH
    BWH is online now AH Veteran
    Joined
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    116

    Member of Ducks Unlimited, Texas Trophy Hunters, Trout Unlimited & NRA

    Hunted USA

    BWH has no Articles
    BWH has no Photos

    Default

    My buddy that owns a cigar shop here in town, describes the Prensado, as "like smoking a chocolate cake"............

  2. #42
    FerRGarza's Avatar
    FerRGarza is offline AH Veteran
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    119

    Member of Dallas Safari Club

    Hunted North America (USA & MX)

    FerRGarza has no Articles
    FerRGarza has no Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BWH View Post
    My buddy that owns a cigar shop here in town, describes the Prensado, as "like smoking a chocolate cake"............
    yeah that's what I thought when I started getting Cocoa hints, but for me they would not mask the tobacco flavor which was good. I had never had one, just seen several times in magazines, but I really liked the fact that it was a very smooth, mild cigar, with a full body flavor. The burn was very even and had a good ash to it as well. I have had some problems with other box-pressed cigars in the past with the draw. But this cigar had a great Draw.. I would buy another one.

  3. #43
    svinejakt is online now AH Veteran
    Joined
    May 2011
    Posts
    103

    Member of OJJF

    Hunted Norway, South Africa

    svinejakt has no Articles
    svinejakt has no Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FerRGarza View Post
    Which cigars do you normally smoke? Have you tried Ardberg 10yrs single malt?

    Thanks for sharing Svinejakt!
    I have tried Ardbeg Renaissance in wisky tasting. But it is to much smoke for my taste. Sadly Islay whiskies are to much for me. I like them a bit smoother Springbank 15 is my favorite with some smokey flavour. I have a nearly empty bootle in my cabinet

    My pride and joy are from my girlfriends trip to Edinburgh. She came home with to special editions
    Glenfiddich Age of discovery 19 years and Dalmore Age of explorations 1995. Both lovely whiskies.
    whisky_zps66d192d1.jpg

    My start with whiskies was Glenlivet 12 year and still a speyside kind of guy

    Your a smoky guy?
    Hunted Norway and South Africa, so many places left:)

  4. #44
    FerRGarza's Avatar
    FerRGarza is offline AH Veteran
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    119

    Member of Dallas Safari Club

    Hunted North America (USA & MX)

    FerRGarza has no Articles
    FerRGarza has no Photos

    Default

    My start with whiskies was Glenlivet 12 year and still a speyside kind of guy

    Your a smoky guy?
    I enjoy the deep peat and smokey flavors. I began with Speyside whiskeys as I began with mild cigars, and every now and then venture into the med-to-full body cigars just as I venture to the Islay and to the Highlands whiskeys as well. I try not to be loyal to a certain type of whiskey, I like to have an expanded horizon. As much as I enjoy single malts, more times i will have a Black Label with a splash of water and 3 ice cubes.

  5. #45
    svinejakt is online now AH Veteran
    Joined
    May 2011
    Posts
    103

    Member of OJJF

    Hunted Norway, South Africa

    svinejakt has no Articles
    svinejakt has no Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FerRGarza View Post
    I enjoy the deep peat and smokey flavors. I began with Speyside whiskeys as I began with mild cigars, and every now and then venture into the med-to-full body cigars just as I venture to the Islay and to the Highlands whiskeys as well. I try not to be loyal to a certain type of whiskey, I like to have an expanded horizon. As much as I enjoy single malts, more times i will have a Black Label with a splash of water and 3 ice cubes.
    As I have now started with impala and warthog, but like to expand my horizon to a dugga boy some day
    Joke a side, I have laphroaig quarter qask in my collection that I every now and again take a glass of. Maybe some day I will grow to to the taste
    If you like blends as well I have a new favorite with a lot of taste. I read Jim Murrays whisky bible on my phone and Ballantines 17 years old got astronomical 97,5 of 100. I bought it and really liked the different flavour. Try it if you get the chance

    I will try black label next time Have tried red and gold only.

    As for cigar smoking I don`t get to smoke as much as I want. Dont have cigar room at home and they closed all smoking clubs in Norway by law. sad stuff We are still looking for a new place (6 months now) and I will finally get my man cave
    Hunted Norway and South Africa, so many places left:)

  6. #46
    FerRGarza's Avatar
    FerRGarza is offline AH Veteran
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    119

    Member of Dallas Safari Club

    Hunted North America (USA & MX)

    FerRGarza has no Articles
    FerRGarza has no Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by svinejakt View Post
    As I have now started with impala and warthog, but like to expand my horizon to a dugga boy some day
    Joke a side, I have laphroaig quarter qask in my collection that I every now and again take a glass of. Maybe some day I will grow to to the taste
    If you like blends as well I have a new favorite with a lot of taste. I read Jim Murrays whisky bible on my phone and Ballantines 17 years old got astronomical 97,5 of 100. I bought it and really liked the different flavour. Try it if you get the chance

    I will try black label next time Have tried red and gold only.

    As for cigar smoking I don`t get to smoke as much as I want. Dont have cigar room at home and they closed all smoking clubs in Norway by law. sad stuff We are still looking for a new place (6 months now) and I will finally get my man cave
    Black label is my preferred blend. From Buchanan's I only like the 18 yrs. 12 was awful. next time I buy I will look for the ballantines 17 give that a try. you can always smoke in your yard

  7. #47
    svinejakt is online now AH Veteran
    Joined
    May 2011
    Posts
    103

    Member of OJJF

    Hunted Norway, South Africa

    svinejakt has no Articles
    svinejakt has no Photos

    Default

    Black label is next on the list I am going to meet my cousins this weekend and like many times before I will bring a cigar for everyone They dont usually smoke, but its kind of a tradition. A tradition I like very much

    If you ever stop by the Oslo-area, give me a shout. I will give you a cigar and whisky of your choice and you can tell me some hunting stories from the states
    Hunted Norway and South Africa, so many places left:)

  8. #48
    FerRGarza's Avatar
    FerRGarza is offline AH Veteran
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    119

    Member of Dallas Safari Club

    Hunted North America (USA & MX)

    FerRGarza has no Articles
    FerRGarza has no Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by svinejakt View Post
    Black label is next on the list I am going to meet my cousins this weekend and like many times before I will bring a cigar for everyone They dont usually smoke, but its kind of a tradition. A tradition I like very much

    If you ever stop by the Oslo-area, give me a shout. I will give you a cigar and whisky of your choice and you can tell me some hunting stories from the states
    Same here Svinejakt! you ever want to visit/hunt mexico, let me know. Maybe add mexico to your hunting log. Have couple cigars, and good scotch! Sounds like a great plan!

  9. #49
    svinejakt is online now AH Veteran
    Joined
    May 2011
    Posts
    103

    Member of OJJF

    Hunted Norway, South Africa

    svinejakt has no Articles
    svinejakt has no Photos

    Default

    That sounds like an awesome plan I would love to visit Mexico, and of course hunting is then 10 times better
    My brother went to houston and austin this march and he had great things to say about the area. Great food, nicest people around and lots to see
    Hunted Norway and South Africa, so many places left:)

  10. #50
    FerRGarza's Avatar
    FerRGarza is offline AH Veteran
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    119

    Member of Dallas Safari Club

    Hunted North America (USA & MX)

    FerRGarza has no Articles
    FerRGarza has no Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by svinejakt View Post
    That sounds like an awesome plan I would love to visit Mexico, and of course hunting is then 10 times better
    My brother went to houston and austin this march and he had great things to say about the area. Great food, nicest people around and lots to see
    Indeed, Even if you don't visit to hunt, mexico offers so much more than one could imagine. Cutlure, traditions, colors, food, music, natural beauty and so much more. It is a great experience. not to mention its beaches and jungles. and Tequila!

  11. #51
    FerRGarza's Avatar
    FerRGarza is offline AH Veteran
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    119

    Member of Dallas Safari Club

    Hunted North America (USA & MX)

    FerRGarza has no Articles
    FerRGarza has no Photos

    Default

    A VegaFina and a cold Pacifico. what have you guys had lately?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  12. #52
    sestoppelman's Avatar
    sestoppelman is online now SILVER SUPPORTER
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,208

    Member of NRA, NA Hunt Club

    Hunted Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia, South Africa

    Default

    Not to be a downer but I gave up the smoking of anything many years ago and find the smoke emanating from most cigars mostly offensive and try to avoid at all costs, and double for cigarettes. Per the fine drinks mentioned..gave up anything stronger than beer back in the late '70's. After a literally near death experience with overindulgence concerning a large jug of McNaughtons whiskey and an empty stomach, I learned it was not for me. I do favor a good beer though! Amstel when in Africa, cant get it here: and a few domestics, Mexican and Canadian.

  13. #53
    FerRGarza's Avatar
    FerRGarza is offline AH Veteran
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    119

    Member of Dallas Safari Club

    Hunted North America (USA & MX)

    FerRGarza has no Articles
    FerRGarza has no Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sestoppelman View Post
    I do favor a good beer though! Amstel when in Africa, cant get it here: and a few domestics, Mexican and Canadian.
    a couple of days ago I had a Trappistes Rochefort 6. It was very good had a fruity finish on the palate. Have you tried it before?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  14. #54
    enysse's Avatar
    enysse is online now AH Ambassador
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,201

    Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF

    Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)

    enysse has no Articles
    View enysse's Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sestoppelman View Post
    Not to be a downer but I gave up the smoking of anything many years ago and find the smoke emanating from most cigars mostly offensive and try to avoid at all costs, and double for cigarettes. Per the fine drinks mentioned..gave up anything stronger than beer back in the late '70's. After a literally near death experience with overindulgence concerning a large jug of McNaughtons whiskey and an empty stomach, I learned it was not for me. I do favor a good beer though! Amstel when in Africa, cant get it here: and a few domestics, Mexican and Canadian.
    I agree with you for the most part, not a smoker, lung cancer has claimed plenty of my family already.
    But I'm all for freedom of people enjoying life.

  15. #55
    Nyati's Avatar
    Nyati is online now AH Legend
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,216

    Member of RFEC, RFETO

    Hunted Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain

    Nyati has no Articles
    View Nyati's Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enysse View Post
    I agree with you for the most part, not a smoker, lung cancer has claimed plenty of my family already.
    But I'm all for freedom of people enjoying life.
    I have never been a heavy smoker or drinker, I do enjoy a good cigar and a drink now and then, when amongst friends, maybe once a week. I don t think it will affect my health much.

  16. #56
    sestoppelman's Avatar
    sestoppelman is online now SILVER SUPPORTER
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,208

    Member of NRA, NA Hunt Club

    Hunted Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia, South Africa

    Default

    Eric, absolutely! I'm not for banning consumption of adult items, just that I tend to stay away from them for my own reasons. As to FerRGarza's question about the beer..Tried it? Hell, I never heard of it!!

  17. #57
    FerRGarza's Avatar
    FerRGarza is offline AH Veteran
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    119

    Member of Dallas Safari Club

    Hunted North America (USA & MX)

    FerRGarza has no Articles
    FerRGarza has no Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyati View Post
    I have never been a heavy smoker or drinker, I do enjoy a good cigar and a drink now and then, when amongst friends, maybe once a week. I don t think it will affect my health much.
    Great minds think alike! pretty much what I do and think as well.

  18. #58
    FerRGarza's Avatar
    FerRGarza is offline AH Veteran
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    119

    Member of Dallas Safari Club

    Hunted North America (USA & MX)

    FerRGarza has no Articles
    FerRGarza has no Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sestoppelman View Post
    Eric, absolutely! I'm not for banning consumption of adult items, just that I tend to stay away from them for my own reasons. As to FerRGarza's question about the beer..Tried it? Hell, I never heard of it!!
    Well apparently some Belgian trappist Monks are the brewers. I am guessing the beers are religiously good as well. Although the beers here in TX are about $7 a bottle. and I thought it was a misprint on the label stating (ea.)

  19. #59
    Pheroze's Avatar
    Pheroze is offline AH Member
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    35

    Member of Woods and Water OFAH

    Hunted Canada, USA

    Pheroze has no Articles
    Pheroze has no Photos

    Default

    Saw this thread and had a craving for many things, so I felt compelled to add on to it! I was in Tampa and went to Ybor City which has great cigar shops. I like to enjoy a good cigar a few times a year and these shops certainly helped with that

    My wife is a chef at a restaurant here in SW Ontario. They get in some local micro brewery beers and specialty cheese. There are a number of cheeses she has brought in that are quite yummy. The beer I am leaning towards right now is called Wellington; the tap is in the shape of...you guessed it...a rubber boot. But it is a very good ale. Now, if I could squish Ontario into Ybor City I would not be a very healthy guy. Maybe traveling for these indulgences is a good thing!

  20. #60
    FerRGarza's Avatar
    FerRGarza is offline AH Veteran
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    119

    Member of Dallas Safari Club

    Hunted North America (USA & MX)

    FerRGarza has no Articles
    FerRGarza has no Photos

    Default

    How strong is Wellington beer? I like to enjoy artisan beers every now and then. and chinese beers you would recommend. hopefully i can find them here in the states.
    thanks for sharing!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •