Pelican 1750 rifle case
This is a discussion on Pelican 1750 rifle case within the Firearms & Ammunition General forums, part of the Firearms & Ammunition category; I have this case and it seems to have a place for four locks. The two outside ones are metal ...
03-29-2012, 10:11 PM #1
- Hunted Texas,Namibia,Kansas, Missouri, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho
- lwaters has no Articles
- View lwaters's Photos
Pelican 1750 rifle case
I have this case and it seems to have a place for four locks. The two outside ones are metal lined and the two inside ones are not. Do I need to lock all four or just the two outside ones? Leonard
03-30-2012, 07:14 AM #2
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozandjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
Leonard, I am not sure whom you are concerned about pleasing. Put two on, if it is secure and you can't get the contents out you should be fine.
03-30-2012, 07:58 AM #3
- Member of NRA lifetime, SCI Member, Longhunters LLC
- Hunted South Africa, Germany, USA
- RickB has no Articles
- View RickB's Photos
Two will work fine....like brick said, as long as you can not access the contents of the case with the locks on you are good."Ignorance is curable, stupid is forever."
03-30-2012, 08:49 AM #4
- Member of NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
- Hunted USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Africa
- James.Grage has no Articles
- View James.Grage's Photos
Leaving the USA two locks should be fine.
The question becomes could these hasps open by baggage handlers and break off. I have had this happen in the past when i locked 2 out of 3.
However on your return trip i suggest you have spare locks to cover the other lock locations.
Depending on what country you fly out of you may be asked to have locks on all lockable locations.
James Grage - New Mexico
Hold a steady Eye & Rifle...
"Very few of the so-called liberals are open-minded...they shout you down and won't let you speak if you disagree with them." John Wayne
03-30-2012, 11:42 AM #5
- Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
- Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
- Bobpuckett has no Articles
- View Bobpuckett's Photos
I beleive James has a point it's better to have to many locks then not enough go ahead and put all 4 on that way you have your butt covered.Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
03-30-2012, 12:03 PM #6
- Member of SCI
- Hunted Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan
- Diamondhitch has no Articles
- View Diamondhitch's Photos
I have flown with 2 but had spares along just in case. I had no problems.The journey is the reward.
By AaronM58 in forum Free ClassifiedsReplies: 3Last Post: 01-16-2013, 05:05 AM
By GaryO in forum Free ClassifiedsReplies: 0Last Post: 10-05-2012, 05:24 PM
By VanderLaan in forum Firearms & Ammunition GeneralReplies: 44Last Post: 03-13-2012, 07:22 PM
By GaryO in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 8Last Post: 06-21-2011, 07:42 PM
By Ardent in forum Before & After the HuntReplies: 2Last Post: 01-10-2010, 03:32 AM