This is a discussion on Favorite guns within the Firearms & Ammunition General forums, part of the Firearms & Ammunition category; -My number 1 by far ,is my 6.5-06 with a Winchester M70 post 64 action, Shilen Select Match stainless steel ...
09-16-2013, 07:04 AM #21
- Hunted Norway, Sweden, England, South Africa
- Norwegianwoods has no Articles
- View Norwegianwoods's Photos
-My number 1 by far ,is my 6.5-06 with a Winchester M70 post 64 action, Shilen Select Match stainless steel barrel, Bell & Carlson synthetic stock topped with a Zeiss Victory 6-24x56.
-My number 2 is my Tikka M65 in 6.5x55. A second hand weapon I bought dirt cheap from a gun shop and it is a tack driver and a great joy to shoot. Most likely it will be the gun my kids shoot their first deer with.
-My number 3 is my Ruger Alaskan in 375 Ruger.
09-16-2013, 08:50 AM #22
- Member of NRA, TSRA, SCI
- Hunted Namibia (3), Zimbabwe
- ikeda has no Articles
- View ikeda's Photos
Winchester M1886 in 45-70, was a High School graduation present from my parents.
Winchester Hi-Wall in 50-110, was a 50th birthday present from my wife.
Ruger M77 re-barreled to 9.3x62, can hunt just about anything with this one.
CZ 550 in 500 Jeffery
Rem 700 BDL in 270 bought in 1966
Springfield Professional 45 ACP
09-16-2013, 07:00 PM #24
You choose too hard for me to pick.Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
09-16-2013, 07:58 PM #25
- Member of NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
- Hunted USA, South Africa, France
- 35bore has no Articles
- View 35bore's Photos
Bobby keep both Savage rifles and the SXS in the right side of the picture (Savage Stevens as well?)"That which does not kill us makes us stronger" Friedrich Nietzsche // That which does not kill me, better run like hell" Scott Smith
09-16-2013, 08:25 PM #26
- Member of NRA, Member Minnesota Horse and Hunt,,Caribou Hunt Club
- Rob44 has no Articles
- Rob44 has no Photos
09-16-2013, 09:15 PM #27
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
09-16-2013, 10:26 PM #28
- Member of SCI, PHASA, IPHA
- Hunted South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Tanzania
- Jaco Strauss has no Articles
- View Jaco Strauss's Photos
09-17-2013, 07:38 AM #29
- Hunted South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Poachers.
- DOC-404 has no Articles
- View DOC-404's Photos
CZ 550 in .300 H/H
CZ 550 in .375 H/H
CZ 550 in .404 Jeffery
09-17-2013, 08:16 AM #30
09-17-2013, 07:17 PM #31
- Member of SCI
- Hunted Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan
- Diamondhitch has no Articles
- View Diamondhitch's Photos
It was cursed for years, many years, if I carried it I saw no shooters. In fact one year I could not even find a cow elk until the day I grabbed the wrong gun at 4am and ended up killing my elk with my .257.
I broke that curse in Africa on day 1 with a beautiful Zebra and followed up with a Roland Ward Black Wildebeest, BWB, Eland, Kudu, Red Hartebeest and a Whitetail here at home. Elk and Moose still elude it but I plan to break that jinx on Thursday.The journey is the reward.
09-17-2013, 07:54 PM #32
- Member of SCI
- Hunted USA, S. Africa
- PHOENIX PHIL has no Articles
- View PHOENIX PHIL's Photos
At any given moment I don't have any guns that aren't favorites. And then for some reason I do, which usually is a result of me deciding there's a new favorite I need.
But seriously, I can't decide on any of mine at this moment that wouldn't be listed as a favorite. This even includes my son's .308. If they shoot well, they're favorites. If they don't, they go down the road.Bonse Aba
09-17-2013, 08:24 PM #33Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
09-17-2013, 10:26 PM #34
- Member of PHASA HSC
- Hunted South Africa,Zimbabwe,Mozambique
- Paw Print has no Articles
- View Paw Print's Photos
09-19-2013, 09:35 AM #35
- Member of No. Amer. Moose Foundation, Mule Deer Found; RMEF (life Member), SCI, NRA, RGS, NWTF, PF, DU, Izaac Walton League, Nat'l. Trappers Assoc.
- Hunted US / Canada/Namibia/Moz/Zim
- joester has no Articles
- joester has no Photos
1. Old H&R in .222 from a dear, departed friend
2. BLR synthetic takedown in .308
3. BLR " " rebarrelled to .375 Ruger
09-23-2013, 05:01 PM #36
- Member of DSC, NRA
- Hunted USA - TX, CO, GA
- Royal27 has no Articles
- View Royal27's Photos
NO WAY I could only choose three. I have too many guns with sentimental value - mine, dad's, both grandfather's, etc....
That being said, I'll try and be practical:
Browning B-80 12 gauge
CZ 550 .375 H&H
10-08-2013, 07:45 PM #37
- Hunted Namibia
- Black Fly has no Articles
- Black Fly has no Photos
If I could only have 3, I would cry and throw a tantrum like a little girl, but....
My beloved old Superposed that my Uncle gave me back in 1963 would be first. We've hunted together now for fifty years.
The second would be my BLR 22 that my wife gave me for Christmas the first year we were married. We were broke and could hardly pay the rent, but she used our grocery money to get that little rifle for me.
Number three would be my leopard gun, my O/U 16/8x57R. Her first owner was a German farmer in Africa and she was his only gun. Forty leopards are among the myriad of game she's taken. His nephew sold her to me and I say thank you every time I take her afield. She talks to me.
The rest I would hide from the authorities!
By WST416 in forum Up To .375Replies: 19Last Post: 01-26-2014, 05:39 PM
By Bobpuckett in forum Humor, Ridiculous, Shocking Jokes, Stories or PicturesReplies: 6Last Post: 12-29-2011, 11:21 AM
By jaustin in forum Up To .375Replies: 52Last Post: 07-11-2011, 10:07 AM
By WST416 in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 45Last Post: 06-22-2011, 07:09 PM
By TOM in forum Bowhunting AfricaReplies: 20Last Post: 05-03-2011, 08:28 AM