rifle firearm insurance
This is a discussion on rifle firearm insurance within the Firearms & Ammunition General forums, part of the Firearms & Ammunition category; hello i am going to south Africa in may.i have a very modified rifle that i would like to insure ...
03-13-2013, 01:30 PM #1
- Jackson has no Articles
- Jackson has no Photos
rifle firearm insurance
i am going to south Africa in may.i have a very modified rifle that i would like to insure for the trip does anyone know where to get firearm insurance for a trip?
Last edited by AfricaHunting.com; 03-13-2013 at 10:30 PM.
03-13-2013, 04:09 PM #2
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi) South Africa ( Limpopo, Kwazulu Natal, Northern Cape) Canada (BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia) USA (Montana, Washington, South Dakota, California, Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas, Minnesota, North Carolina, Virginia, Utah, Hawaii)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
House/Home Insurance Rider would be my first guess.
It may already be covered. Prove the value and you should be set.Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
03-13-2013, 04:49 PM #3
- Hunted Canada (BC, AB, & SK) soon SA
- toxic111 has no Articles
- toxic111 has no Photos
Mine is covered under my home insurance already, however in my case my deductible is pretty much the value of the rifle I am bringing.
03-14-2013, 04:23 PM #4
- rphguy has no Articles
- rphguy has no Photos
I have about 20 firearms and a bow covered as a rider on my homeowner's insurance.
With it as a rider, it's like a separate policy. The policy is a $0 deductible. It just has to be missing or broken and it's covered at 100% of the value I listed on the policy per each firearm. It's covered anywhere in the world and for any reason. Policy costs about $130 per year. State Farm.
03-14-2013, 05:47 PM #5
- Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
- Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
- Bobpuckett has no Articles
- View Bobpuckett's Photos
Contact your Home owners insurance company. I have over 40 guns for the ones valued over 500.00 I have on a rider with zero deductible the rest are on my home owners policy I don't figure anyone is going to steal just one I have a $1000.00 deductable on it. Also check your sportmans travelers insurance policy the gun your traveling with may be covered by it.Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
03-14-2013, 05:55 PM #6
- Member of NRA, Member Minnesota Horse and Hunt,,Caribou Hunt Club
- Rob44 has no Articles
- Rob44 has no Photos
Make sure Your home owners Insurance covers your Rifles and Pistols I had to add it for a couple Bucks a Month but they have a Limit,,,my stuff is insured for 8500.00 ,,While it doesn,t cover their Value ,,it.s better than Nothing