AfricaHunting.com Forums FAQ
Here you can find answers to questions about how the board works. Use the links or search box below to find your way around.
Our community is a place for seasoned African hunters and those who dream of someday hunting in Africa. I hope that you will find AfricaHunting.com a great place to spend time preparing for or dreaming about your future African hunting safari or reliving your last.
AfricaHunting.com strives to provide a research resource for services and products and a web community of the highest quality and integrity. We encourage open, honest and respectful communication between all of our members. Our community guidelines are based upon these basic values:
- We believe everyone has something to contribute.
- We believe that an open, honest and respectful environment can generate stimulating discussion and valuable contributions from all of our members.
- A healthy community has room for and encourages participation from everyone, regardless of their background or level of expertise.
General Rules for Posting Content
Everyone is welcome to interact by answering and commenting on posts made by members, posting your own questions and content such as stories, articles, ratings and reviews, pictures and videos. Any violation of the general rules may result in restricting the offender's future ability to post on AfricaHunting.com. Please be respectful of other members at all times.
Professional Hunters, Hunting Guides and Hunting Outfitters are an asset to AfricaHunting.com as they bring a wealth of knowledge, we want them visiting and participating on the site as much as possible.
- Commercial and promotional posting privileges (including User Name, Avatar, Signature, Signature Picture and Link) are reserved for ADVERTISERS/SPONSORS of AfricaHunting.com, Professional Hunters, Hunting Guides and Hunting Outfitters (restrictions may apply).
- Unless you are a paid ADVERTISER/SPONSOR of AfricaHunting.com, Professional Hunter, Hunting Guide or Hunting Outfitter you may not do anything on the site to promote a business, website, forum, blog, Facebook account, YouTube Channel... This rule applies whether or not you are the owner of the business or website. You may not link to any commercial non sponsor website in your signature. You may not include the name of any non sponsor business in your User Name, Signature or in your Public Profile including the Home Page found there. You may not have a User Name that promotes your business. You may not post a message that is for the purpose of promoting your business with either text, pictures or videos. Non sponsors may post replies of a helpful nature that involve topics related to their trade or type of business in response to requests for such general information from other members. Non sponsor forum members engaged in a profit making enterprise who receive a direct request for their services or products in a thread may post "PM sent" or "Email sent" and then conduct their business off line. Posting responses to specific questions that include your URL is permitted in some cases. Generally, if someone is asking for information on a product or service, where to purchase a product or service, or about your specific hunting outfit, agency or store posting a URL is deemed appropriate. You may not however post URLs in which someone is asking about general products unless that URL answers the specific question. This can be a tricky process so please contact a Moderator before making a post if you are uncertain if you are crossing the line. When in doubt refrain from posting your URL and never, ever post your URL as an alternative to a question someone is asking about another hunting outfit, agency or store.
- No mentioning or linking to any competitor of AfricaHunting.com.
- No posts, topics or links to purely advertise a product or service, we reserve the right to remove any link for any or no reason whatsoever.
- Members may post links to other sites as it relates to the conversation and in compliance with all other posting rules.
- Unsolicited PM (Private Message) to promote, sell or offer anything to members is not allowed and if you are reported to be soliciting members through the PM system you will be banned.
- Classifieds, in the Free Classifieds section of the forum, are provided as a service to private parties only.
- Free hunt or giveaway offers need to be worked out and approved first by AfricaHunting.com, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Fund raisers, charitable or other, need to be approved first by AfricaHunting.com, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No spamming.
- No unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material.
- No ads for buying, selling or trading of illegal items.
- Users should respect designated topic areas.
- Qualified reviews are acceptable for products or services that you have used; however brand bashing will not be tolerated. Bashing of our sponsors will not be allowed, we have to respect the fact that they support the site, a small price to pay for all the great information on AfricaHunting.com.
- Post only one report or rating & review for each service or product unless new information is provided.
- Any report or rating & review may be verified by email for any reason.
- The privacy of our members is respected and under normal circumstances AfricaHunting.com would never have any desire or reason to look at a member's PM (Private Message), however the same general rules that apply to the open forum apply to PMs. If you are repeatedly breaking the rules and especially if you are threatening or harassing someone, then your account may be subject to review, including checking your PMs. If you have received an inappropriate PM from another user, please contact us at email@example.com. Moderators do not have access to members' PMs, only administrators.
- Owners, employees and their relatives of any service providers, retailers, wholesalers or manufacturers are not allowed to post reports or ratings & reviews for their company's services or products or for their competitors' services or products.
Hope you understand that if AfricaHunting.com was to allow everyone to post just solicitous advertisements and direct promotion for themselves with no valuable content for hunters, it would defeat the purpose of the site as a resource and degrade the quality of AfricaHunting.com where informative content is sought by thousands of hunters everyday.
AfricaHunting.com reserves the right to remove any post, topic or person for any or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your message(s), and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless, AfricaHunting.com and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). We reserve the right to revoke your membership to the forum or disable your posting ability for any or no reason whatsoever. We at AfricaHunting.com also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you. If you have any questions about these rules or want to report an infraction of the rules, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo Gallery Terms of Service
1. Limited Warranty
AfricaHunting.com Photos/Videos Gallery is a free service provided to users of the AfricaHunting.com website. AfricaHunting.com Photos/Videos Gallery is intended to be used for displaying photos to other visitors of the AfricaHunting.com website; at no time should the gallery be used as a backup drive or other method of file storage. AfricaHunting.com makes no warranty as to the integrity or reliability of any images posted to its servers. Images may be removed without warning.
2. Copyright Responsibility
All images posted in AfricaHunting.com Photos/Videos Gallery are the sole responsibility of the person who uploaded such content. By uploading an image you are stating that (1) you agree to these terms and (2) you have the legal right (copyright) to post said images. AfricaHunting.com reserves the right to edit, remove or otherwise modify photos uploaded but does not actively monitor or moderate photo submissions. At no point is AfricaHunting.com liable for harm, loss or damages resulting in uploading images to the photo gallery. AfricaHunting.com makes reasonable efforts to minimize any copyright infringement by watermarking images but given the public nature of the photo gallery, AfricaHunting.com is unable to guarantee that images will not be re-used by third parties without authorization.
3. Photo/Video Content
AfricaHunting.com Photos/Videos Gallery is intended for uploading hunting related photos by members of the AfricaHunting.com website. Offensive content including content that discloses personal information of individuals, slanders any individual or company or is grossly offensive is strictly forbidden. In addition, copyrighted content or materials may not be posted without authorization from the copyright holder.
4. Use of Other Member's Photos/Videos
As a visitor of the AfricaHunting.com you are permitted to view, bookmark and use photos as virtual "eCards". At no point may you download, save, copy or in any way distribute the photos contained in the AfricaHunting.com. All photos contained in the gallery are copyrighted by their legal owner, should you wish to use a photo for any purpose not explicitly listed above you must seek direct written permission from its owner.
The photos posted to the AfricaHunting.com are not screened or moderated and as such you may view content that you find offensive. In such an event you are encouraged to report the photo to a Moderator for review and possible deletion if appropriate.
If you believe your copyrighted photo or video is being used without your consent please contact AfricaHunting.com immediately.
It is often difficult for AfricaHunting.com to determine the rightful owner of an individual photo. We may, in the process of investigating a copyright claim, require additional information to help determine the status of the photo in question.
Free Classifieds Forum Section
- Messages should be clean and professional and no more than two per week.
- Offers must be clearly explained with all conditions and restrictions outlined upfront.
-Any attempt to commit fraud, deceive or otherwise harm the members of AfricaHunting.com will result in suspension and further reporting action if deemed necessary by AfricaHunting.com.
- There is absolutely no 澱umping of threads. This includes making any reply to a thread whose purpose is deemed to be solely to force the thread to rise to the top of the thread list page in order to gain additional exposure to a thread.
- The Free Classifieds Forum Section is not a place to criticize, comment on or in other way speak to the reliability or history of another user's advertisement.
- Messages commenting on the quality or value of a deal negatively are expressly forbidden as are messages that 吐lame? 鍍roll or otherwise negatively attack a company for their business practices.
- Competing or counter offers to an advertisement in this forum must be done in a new thread.
- Links to auction sites (eBay, Craig's List, etc.) are not allowed.
- Please observe our limit of one thread per topic or offer.
Use of Site
Age and Responsibility
Review of Transmission Submitted Content
EXCLUSION OF WARRANTY
Limitation of Liability
THE CARRIERS, OUTFITTERS, HUNTING CONSULTANTS, HOTELS AND OTHER SUPPLIERS PROVIDING TRAVEL OR OTHER SERVICES ON THIS SITE ARE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS AND NOT AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES OF AFRICAHUNTING.COM. AFRICAHUNTING.COM IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE ACTS, ERRORS, OMISSIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, BREACHES OR NEGLIGENCE OF ANY SUCH SUPPLIERS OR FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING THEREFROM. AFRICAHUNTING.COM SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY AND WILL MAKE NO REFUND IN THE EVENT OF ANY DELAY, CANCELLATION, OVERBOOKING, STRIKE, FORCE MAJEURE OR OTHER CAUSES BEYOND ITS DIRECT CONTROL, AND SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSE, OMISSIONS, DELAYS, RE-ROUTING OR ACTS OF ANY GOVERNMENT OR AUTHORITY. BY OFFERING FOR SALE HUNTING TRIPS OR TRAVEL TO PARTICULAR INTERNATIONAL DESTINATIONS, AFRICAHUNTING.COM DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT TRAVEL TO SUCH POINTS IS ADVISABLE OR WITHOUT RISK, AND IS NOT LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OR LOSSES THAT MAY RESULT FROM TRAVEL TO SUCH DESTINATIONS. IN ADDITION, AFRICAHUNTING.COM EXPRESSLY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CORRECT ANY PRICING ERRORS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TYPOGRAPHICAL OR DISPLAY ERRORS, INCORRECT SUPPLIER INFORMATION, AND CURRENCY CONVERSION MISCALCULATIONS) ON OUR WEB SITE AND/OR ON PENDING RESERVATIONS MADE UNDER AN INCORRECT PRICE. THIS RIGHT APPLIES WHETHER OR NOT THE ORDER HAS BEEN CONFIRMED AND/OR YOUR CREDIT CARD CHARGED OR OTHER FORM OF PAYMENT COMPLETED. IN THE EVENT OF A CORRECTION TO A PENDING RESERVATION, AS THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WE WILL OFFER YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO KEEP YOUR PENDING RESERVATION AT THE CORRECT PRICE OR, AT YOUR OPTION, WE WILL CANCEL YOUR RESERVATION WITHOUT PENALTY.
If, notwithstanding the foregoing, AfricaHunting.com or any third party provider or distributor should be found liable for any loss or damage which arises out of or is in any way connected with any of the above described functions or uses of this site or its content, the liability of AfricaHunting.com and the third party providers and distributors shall in no event exceed, in the aggregate, the greater of (a) the subscription fee and service charge for accessing this site, or (b) US$100.00. In its sole discretion, in addition to any other rights or remedies available to AfricaHunting.com and without any liability whatsoever, AfricaHunting.com at any time and without notice may terminate or restrict your access to any component of this site. Some states do not allow limitation of liability, so the foregoing limitation may not apply to you.
Disclaimer of Liability
AfricaHunting.com acts only as an Agent for airlines, charter air carriers, railroads, other providers of transportation, hotels, hunting, fishing and game lodges, camps, outfitters and guides (referred to as Providers) in arranging to provide the services and accommodations included. Therefore, AfricaHunting.com assumes no liability for, and the Client by acceptance of the services provided, agrees that AfricaHunting.com shall not be liable or responsible for any loss, expense, damage, accident, delay, inconvenience, injury or death which results, directly or indirectly from any act or failure to act whether negligent or otherwise of any such airline, charter air carrier, railroad, other providers of transportation, hotel, hunting, fishing or game lodges, camps, outfitter or guides, and further agrees that AfricaHunting.com makes no guarantee as to the success, quality (including trophy animal) or quantity of game or fish that may result from such hunting, fishing or the effect of poor weather conditions.
AfricaHunting.com shall not be liable for any misrepresentations of its available services and/or costs made by the Agent or Providers if for whatever reason it is unable to perform its obligations or carry out any related activities, if such failure is caused by events beyond its reasonable control preventing it from performing such obligations or carrying out such activities including, but without limiting the generality of the foregoing; acts of God, any military action, labor disputes, riots, fire, acts of restraint by government authorities, loss, accident, illness, injury or death. AfricaHunting.com can not be held liable or responsible for, but not limited to accident, injury, illness, death, loss of property or damage to property during the trip or any expense arising from such events.
The Client acknowledges that the trip involves inherent dangers and may require extreme physical activity. Client is hereby advised that expeditions to wilderness areas for purposes of hunting or adventure travel is or can be of a dangerous or hazardous nature, therefore, any Client undertaking such an expedition assumes a dangerous risk which includes a greater scope of risk than an ordinary risk.
The Client shall be responsible for the cost of accommodations and associated transportation for overnights en route caused by bad weather, flight schedules, overbooking or cancellations and other events beyond the control of AfricaHunting.com.
AfricaHunting.com reserves the right to decline to accept or retain any person as a member of any trip or expedition and to cancel any trip prior to departure in which case a full refund of amounts not already paid to third party Providers will constitute full settlement to the Client. AfricaHunting.com reserves the right, at any time after commencement, to terminate the trip, when events or circumstances deem this course of action to be necessary for whatever reason, which may include but is not limited to the Clients? misconduct and/or failure to comply with the Disclaimer of Liability set forth here, or any action which causes a danger to himself (the Client) or others without refund or compensation of any kind. Additionally, AfricaHunting.com cannot be held responsible for violations of national or game laws by its Clients. AfricaHunting.com or its Providers reserves the right, at any time, to deny the Client permission to shoot any animal for any reason. All quoted prices, rates and fees are subject to change without notice, and Client agrees to be responsible for same. Baggage, personal items and equipment are the sole responsibility of their owners at all times.
AfricaHunting.com shall not be responsible for the return of any deposits and/or payments to the Client due to the cancellation or change of schedule by the Client or by the Providers for any reason. However, AfricaHunting.com will attempt to provide replacements in the event the Client cancels and to negotiate with the outfitter to obtain the return to the Client of as much of any deposit and/or payments as possible minus the cancellation fee and any other expenses incurred by the Providers prior to date that written cancellation has been received. In addition, the Client acknowledges that insurance was available that would provide compensation for lost or damaged luggage, trip cancellation, medical expenses, and Providers bankruptcy while planning for or on the trip.
Procedure for Reserving a Trip
Cancellation Policy not Covered by Trip Insurance
AfricaHunting.com strongly recommends that Client purchase personal trip cancellation insurance, travel, medical and medical evacuation insurance or any other type of insurance that protects Client. If the Client desires insurance of any kind, it must be taken independently. Client acknowledges that AfricaHunting.com does not provide trip cancellation insurance, travel, medical and medical evacuation insurance, Providers bankruptcy insurance or any other type of insurance whatsoever on behalf of the Client.
Payment & Refund Policy
Payment Options: We accept checks or bank wire transfer if online payment with credit card through Paypal.com is not possible. If you prefer to pay by check, make check payable to AfricaHunting.com and send to AfricaHunting.com, click here for our mailing address. If you prefer to pay by bank wire transfer please add a US$40 surcharge to cover the bank processing fees that we incur. Email us at email@example.com to request our bank wire information. You can also easily make payment to us via our PayPal.com account by using our email address firstname.lastname@example.org. You represent and warrant that if you are purchasing something from us that any credit information you supply is true and complete, charges incurred by you will be honored by your credit card company, and you will pay the charge incurred by you at the posted prices, including any applicable taxes.
Advertisers: The Site may contain advertising and sponsorships. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Site is accurate and complies with applicable laws. We are not responsible for the illegality or any error, inaccuracy or problem in the advertisers' or sponsors' materials. AfricaHunting.com reserves the right to approve or deny any listing or information submitted and has a review policy for all items.
Refund Policy: AfricaHunting.com will refund a prorated listing fee less charges incurred by us within the first 30 days of posting by notifying us in writing of your desire for the refund, together with the reason for the request. You may request a refund by contacting us by email at email@example.com. Refunds made by AfricaHunting.com will be refunded in the form of the original payment method. We will issue a credit to the original credit card used. Please note, however, that most products and services mentioned on our site are sold by third parties or are linked to third party web sites, and we have no responsibility or liability for those products or services, please review their individual Payment & Refund Policies.
Changes to this Payment & Refund Policy: AfricaHunting.com may change this Payment & Refund Policy at any time. Please check back periodically to review any changes that we have made to this Payment & Refund Policy. If you have additional questions about our Payment & Refund Policy please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Claims of Copyright Infringement
Information Collected by AfricaHunting.com
AfricaHunting.com collects personal information from you when you register, contribute or submit product reviews, hunting reports, forum postings, message board postings, classifieds, photographs, videos, articles, stories or any other Content or register to enter a sweepstake, contest or survey on our web site. We will only collect your personal information if you choose to share it with us. We may also receive information about you from our business partners.
AfricaHunting.com also automatically records non-personal information including your Internet Protocol address, browser format and system information on its web server logs.
How AfricaHunting.com Uses the Information Collected
We use the information we collect from you to confirm the validity of submitted Content, contact winners of sweepstakes or contests, customize our services, improve the content of our web site, provide you with our newsletter and notify you about our products and services. AfricaHunting.com may also use the information for internal purposes, such as studying our viewers' preferences.
We use the information collected regarding the activity on our web site (such as the number of viewers and the pages commonly visited) on an anonymous basis. We may aggregate this anonymous information and use it to improve our products and services.
Information to Users
While we respect everyone's right to state their opinions and objections, and we believe in the right to free speech, we will not tolerate any abusive, harassing or threatening email to the owners or employees of AfricaHunting.com or it's Providers. All such harassment will be traced back to the originator and appropriate actions will be taken, including (but not limited to) contacting the manager of the corporate, educational or government domain from which such email originated and/or appropriate legal actions.
Information that is Shared or Disclosed
AfricaHunting.com does not sell or license your personal information.
We may share your personal information with business partners who work on behalf of AfricaHunting.com to provide you with a product or service. These business partners may only use your personal information to assist AfricaHunting.com, and are prohibited from using your personal information for other purposes.
We may disclose anonymous aggregate information (for example, the percentage of our viewers that visit the product review section of our web site) to third parties such as our advertisers or business partners.
AfricaHunting.com will also disclose personal information about its viewers when the law requires it, such as when we respond to subpoenas, court orders or other legal process.
In the event that AfricaHunting.com merges with or is acquired by another business entity we may share some or all of your information with the new entity in order to continue to provide you with our products and services.