some photos of my 9.3x74r jefferys double rifle, and a hungarian boar
This is a discussion on some photos of my 9.3x74r jefferys double rifle, and a hungarian boar within the Double Rifles forums, part of the Firearms & Ammunition category; P1010122.jpg P1010126.jpg P1010127.jpg P1010128.jpg...
03-20-2012, 09:55 AM #1
03-20-2012, 10:03 AM #2
Jerome Philippe, Founder of AfricaHunting.com
Visited every month by over 300,000 hunters who view 3.7 million pages and generate 16.5 million hits (statistics Jan 2013).
Click HERE to Support AH & Go GOLD, SILVER or BRONZE
If you enjoy this site then tell fellow hunters about it!
Our community is a place for seasoned African hunters and those who dream of someday hunting in Africa. I hope that you will find AfricaHunting.com a great place to spend time preparing for or dreaming about your future African hunting safari or reliving your last.
03-20-2012, 10:13 AM #3
well it is my favourite rifle for some reason!
03-20-2012, 10:26 AM #4
- Member of NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
- Hunted USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Africa
- James.Grage has no Articles
- View James.Grage's Photos
Great looking rifle
Nice Pig for a gun rack.
I liked the way you put the pictures in for the close up view...
How did you do that?James Grage - New Mexico
Hold a steady Eye & Rifle...
"Very few of the so-called liberals are open-minded...they shout you down and won't let you speak if you disagree with them." John Wayne
03-20-2012, 10:58 AM #5
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
Nice gun! Huge boar!
03-20-2012, 11:11 AM #6
- Member of diana
- Hunted namibia,southafrica,zimbabwe,sweden,france,mauritus,switzerland
- teenhunter has no Articles
- View teenhunter's Photos
03-20-2012, 11:30 AM #7
Holy smokes! What a beautiful rifle. Great looking boar as well. That fellow in the first picture looks a little rough though
03-20-2012, 12:53 PM #8
03-20-2012, 01:00 PM #9
03-20-2012, 08:27 PM #10
03-20-2012, 08:48 PM #11
- Member of SCI
- Hunted USA, S. Africa
- PHOENIX PHIL has no Articles
- View PHOENIX PHIL's Photos
Pretty gun spike!Bonse Aba
03-20-2012, 10:05 PM #12
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozandjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
You needed all that gun to get through the mud.
Gorgeous wood and metal work. It should be a favourite.
03-21-2012, 04:48 AM #13
03-21-2012, 07:31 AM #14
- Member of RFEC, RFETO
- Hunted Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
- Nyati has no Articles
- View Nyati's Photos
Beautiful gun, great boar !
Is that rifle a rebored 360NE?
03-22-2012, 01:44 AM #16
Interesting history, I appreciate you sharing this backround with us. It shows that at times our firearms can be more than tools. They can weave their way into our lives and become part of our character, as this one appears to have do so in your case, almost a talisman.
An absolutley stunning looking double, if it shoots half as well as it looks you'd be mad to ever part with it.
It would look stunning draped across the horns of one of our great Asiatic buffalo !!!!!!!!
Congrats again and best wishes for continued successful hunting,
03-22-2012, 03:37 AM #17
03-22-2012, 03:42 AM #18
03-22-2012, 07:04 AM #19
- Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
- Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
- Bobpuckett has no Articles
- View Bobpuckett's Photos
Nice love that wood, Nice pig as well.Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
Many of the older rifles that started life as 360 NE's were converted to 9.3X74R. They'll be the right weight and balance even after the conversion.
I've never seen any that were built of oversized actions, but it could happen I guess.
By AfricaHunting.com in forum Double RiflesReplies: 36Last Post: 12-03-2013, 10:07 AM
By tarawa in forum Double RiflesReplies: 29Last Post: 03-10-2013, 06:14 PM
By UH-1N Pilot in forum Free ClassifiedsReplies: 0Last Post: 05-13-2012, 06:53 PM
By roughshooter in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 4Last Post: 03-06-2011, 10:37 PM
By Ray Atkinson in forum Free ClassifiedsReplies: 1Last Post: 07-28-2009, 10:48 PM