My first bow kill!!!!
This is a discussion on My first bow kill!!!! within the Bowhunting Africa forums, part of the HUNT AFRICA category; Hey guys...thought i would share my first bow kill with you. woke up at 330 in the morning to be ...
My first bow kill!!!!
Hey guys...thought i would share my first bow kill with you.
woke up at 330 in the morning to be in the blind just before sunrise. Some animals came in but all females (impalas and zebra) then a heard of black wildebeest came in at about 60m. They were stuffed me around for 3 hours before i had my opportunity to take my shot. My patience paid off in the end as i shot the biggest bull in the heard. Shot him out of a blind at 40m. hit him just above the shoulder. penetration wasn't great as i hit the inside of his other shoulder but my mechanical broad head did enough damage. the entry would was around 2.5' wide and i cut the archery to the heart and a bit of the front lungs. the bull ran 50m before expiring. It was only my second bow hunt and already planning many more hunts this year.
hope you enjoy the pics
02-05-2011, 06:10 AM #2
- Bushbuck has no Articles
- Bushbuck has no Photos
congratulations! Great animal to get as a first. I am sure there will be many more successful hunts in your future.
02-05-2011, 09:23 AM #3
- Member of PHASA, SA Hunters and Conservation
- Koedoeberg has no Articles
- View Koedoeberg's Photos
Isn't it a great feeling to see that after all the tension and excitement building up the shot was placed so good to achieve such a quick success?
02-05-2011, 12:58 PM #5
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
Congradulations, your patience paid off!
02-05-2011, 04:13 PM #6
- Member of SCI
- Hunted USA, S. Africa
- PHOENIX PHIL has no Articles
- View PHOENIX PHIL's Photos
Nothing more memorable than your first with a bow, well done!
02-05-2011, 08:11 PM #7
- Member of NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
- Hunted USA, South Africa, France
- 35bore has no Articles
- View 35bore's Photos
Congrats, beautiful wildebeest, the hard work makes it more memorable does'nt it.
thanx guys. i am itching to get back into the bush again....can't wait! good luck with your hunting this year!
02-06-2011, 06:07 AM #9
- Member of SCI and PHASA
- Hunted South Africa and Zambia
- Spiral Horn Safaris has no Articles
- View Spiral Horn Safaris's Photos
02-07-2011, 04:02 AM #10
May it be the first on many.I have walked in the tracks of the elephant, heard the lion roar and met the buffalo on his terms. I shall never be the same.
02-07-2011, 04:30 AM #11
- Member of NRA, SCI
- Hunted USA, South Africa
- ndbwhnter has no Articles
- View ndbwhnter's Photos
Congrats from another fellow stick flicker. I would say you are now officially "hooked" on bowhunting.
Congrats !!! My dad shot a black wildebeest as his first animal as well.
You should be proud of yourself.
02-12-2011, 09:09 AM #13
Well done on your first animal wit bow & arrow, my there be many more!Elite Archery Pro Staff - Winners Choice Pro Staff - Muzzy Pro Staff - Tightspot Pro Staff
Professional Hunter & Outdoor Writer
02-23-2011, 04:49 AM #14
Congratulations on a nice wildebeest.
Now the addiction has started?Frank
Passionate about bowhunting
05-07-2011, 01:43 AM #15
- Member of Bowfingerarchery Outfitters
- Hunted Australia
- Australian Huntsman has no Articles
- View Australian Huntsman's Photos
First Kill with bow
Hi mate well done i am a Australian bowhunter have never hunted in Africa my first bow kill is a feral boar .Top stuff on your first kill hope you have many more.
05-07-2011, 12:56 PM #16
- Member of SCI
- Hunted Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan
- Diamondhitch has no Articles
- View Diamondhitch's Photos
Congrats. Bowhunting is very satisfying isnt it. My first bowkill was a black bear, yours is way cooler!The journey is the reward.
05-08-2011, 06:10 AM #17
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozondjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
Awesome trophy picture. Very nice bull.
Great patience and it paid off in spades for your first trophy.
Thanks.. keep them coming.
By Bowhuntr64 in forum Hunting Video ClipsReplies: 4Last Post: 09-03-2012, 10:10 AM
By Bowhuntr64 in forum Hunting Video ClipsReplies: 0Last Post: 08-31-2012, 09:17 AM
By AfricaHunting.com in forum NewsReplies: 2Last Post: 12-27-2011, 10:32 AM
By Joseph Snyder in forum Hunting Video ClipsReplies: 1Last Post: 12-13-2011, 11:39 PM
By harm in forum Bowhunting AfricaReplies: 7Last Post: 07-06-2010, 01:10 AM