Back from South Africa Numzaan Safaris
This is a discussion on Back from South Africa Numzaan Safaris within the Bowhunting Africa forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Hunting in Africa category; Not much for writing all I can say is what a great experience it was. Hunted with Numzaan Safaris Wild ...
Back from South Africa Numzaan Safaris
Not much for writing all I can say is what a great experience it was. Hunted with Numzaan Safaris Wild Wildebeest lodge near Thabazimbi. Hunting was slow at first due to the full moon. Averaged 8 to 9 hours in the blinds a day with plenty of rhino dung burning to cover up our scent man does that stuff work, and the smell wasn't bad just a lot of smoke filling up the blinds. Day one was a baboon to take the edge off and was free. Day 2 brought in a Gemsbuck coming to water while the wildebeest were making a lot of noise behind the blind. Made a great shot and went around 100 yrds. Day 4 was slow with no animals coming in on my list but seen plenty of game to pass the day. Day 5 went to another farm and right of the bat a small Kudu came in with 4 others strolling 150 yrds out. An hour later another mature bull came in and another green light for the second. while I was getting ready another came in. Stayed on the second and the shot was off. He left not looking good so we took up the track and the game was on following behind him waiting for another shot. 2nd shot was quick and low, still chasing 3rd shot was just under the spine. Finally we got to 43 yrds and was calm was able to range and set my sights and the arrow hit the mark perfect, and was down in 10 yrds. What an amazing animal. Pictures taken and in the truck and off to the next blind. Shortly after getting into the blind a herd of buffalo started their way in which they eventually got spooked. Finally an hour before dark a herd of wildebeest came in with one male in the group, who presented a nice 24 yrd shot. The next day we were of to the same farm sitting in a plastic water tank waiting for Impala. After a short wait one ram broke first to water and the arrow was gone, for a short 80 yrd recovery. The next day I videoed a friend on a giraffe hunt to video. Wow what a hunt that was spot and stalk with a huge animal down. Spent a couple hunts videoing another friend in the blind for kudu and wildebeest, with success. Then I spent a couple afternoon hunts for warthog seeing a lot and waiting for a big male. Finally I couldn't take it anymore wanting to relax a bit a nice female came in for a close lethal shot. There were so many things that went on for me to write about ,it truly was an awesome experience would definitely do it. again.
08-04-2013, 07:48 AM #2
- Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
- Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
- Bobpuckett has no Articles
- View Bobpuckett's Photos
Abster71 Thanks for the report and Great Pics. that female warthog is a dandy and a baboon with a bow is a fantastic trophy by itself Congrats on a fantastic hunt glad you had a great time.Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
08-04-2013, 08:09 AM #3
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
Glad you had a good time, thanks for the pictures!
08-04-2013, 08:15 AM #4
- Member of ssaa, aba ,bairnsdale field archers
- Hunted australia south africa (limpopo) canada (b.c)
- bluey has no Articles
- View bluey's Photos
+good stuff abster
nice gemsbok and kudu
thanks for showing us
glad you had a great trip
while you were in thabazimbi did you stop by the butchers and pick up some biltong from there
its real good
08-04-2013, 08:16 AM #5
- Member of NRA lifetime, SCI Member, Longhunters LLC
- Hunted South Africa, Germany, USA
- RickB has no Articles
- View RickB's Photos
Thanks for the report and congrats on some fine trophies!"Ignorance is curable, stupid is forever."
08-04-2013, 10:56 AM #6
- Member of SCI
- Hunted Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape)
- Diamondhitch has no Articles
- View Diamondhitch's Photos
congrats, sounds like you had a blast.The journey is the reward.
08-04-2013, 11:36 AM #7
- Member of RFEC, RFETO
- Hunted Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
- Nyati has no Articles
- View Nyati's Photos
Congrats for a great hunt and some very nice trophies.
Thanks for sharing !
08-04-2013, 12:07 PM #8
Thanks for the hunt report and trophy pictures!
Jerome Philippe, Founder of AfricaHunting.com
Visited every month by over 300,000 hunters who view 3.7 million pages and generate 16.5 million hits (statistics Jan 2013).
Click HERE to Support AH & Go GOLD, SILVER or BRONZE
If you enjoy this site then tell fellow hunters about it!
Our community is a place for seasoned African hunters and those who dream of someday hunting in Africa. I hope that you will find AfricaHunting.com a great place to spend time preparing for or dreaming about your future African hunting safari or reliving your last.
08-04-2013, 12:35 PM #9
- Hunted Norway, Sweden, England, South Africa
- Norwegianwoods has no Articles
- View Norwegianwoods's Photos
Congrats with a great and and some great animals.
Thanks for sharing
08-04-2013, 01:05 PM #10
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania
- Wheels has no Articles
- View Wheels's Photos
Thanks for the pictures and hunting report. Congratulations on a great hunt."TIME"........God's way of keeping everything from happening all at once.
08-04-2013, 07:47 PM #11
- Member of Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA
- Hunted Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)
Congrat's and thanks for sharing your story and pictures!
08-04-2013, 10:04 PM #12
- Member of Local clubs
- Hunted Canada and RSA
- garyleach has no Articles
- View garyleach's Photos
Another 1st timer biten by the bug!!! Congrates
08-05-2013, 06:40 AM #13
- Member of NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
- Hunted USA, South Africa, France
- 35bore has no Articles
- View 35bore's Photos
Love the Blue Wildebeest and Gemsbok. All great trophies. Thanks for the report and pictures, Congrats to you."That which does not kill us makes us stronger" Friedrich Nietzsche
08-05-2013, 10:32 AM #14
- weaselthis has no Articles
- weaselthis has no Photos
Thanks for sharing the pix and the commentary. Nice animals, great memories. You're done for now, old son! Congratulations!
08-06-2013, 07:18 AM #15
Congratulations on some fine animals!Elite Archery Pro Staff - Winners Choice Pro Staff - Muzzy Pro Staff - Tightspot Pro Staff - Victory Pro Staff
Professional Hunter & Outdoor Writer
08-06-2013, 08:00 AM #16
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozandjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
Congratulations on your hunt.
Appreciate you sharing your story and pictures.
If you get some time please do add to it. (No Pulitzers required.)Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
08-07-2013, 10:21 PM #17
- Member of SCI (Sioux Falls, SD) RMEF, NWTF, NRA, NTA, BCSC, SDTA, NDTA, P&Y,
- Hunted Canada (Ontario,British Columbia,Manitoba), USA (Colorado,Montana,Wyoming,Texas,South Dakota), Africa(Limpopo,NW Province, East Cape, Kwazulu Natal,) Namibia
- RogerHeintzman has no Articles
- View RogerHeintzman's Photos
By Hagar in forum South Africa Hunting ReportsReplies: 25Last Post: 06-27-2012, 09:14 PM
By Bobpuckett in forum South Africa Hunting ReportsReplies: 21Last Post: 12-19-2011, 08:33 PM
By CMUNDY in forum South Africa Hunting ReportsReplies: 21Last Post: 10-24-2010, 09:21 AM
By ndbwhnter in forum Bowhunting AfricaReplies: 27Last Post: 09-09-2010, 03:38 PM
By Drenalin33 in forum Bowhunting AfricaReplies: 13Last Post: 08-25-2010, 01:05 AM