traveling with rifles to SA question
This is a discussion on traveling with rifles to SA question within the Before & After the Hunt forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Hunting in Africa category; hi all, probably a simple question but we are traveling to SA and i'm taking a 300WSM and 30-06. (left ...
09-11-2012, 09:52 AM #1
- Palefty has no Articles
- Palefty has no Photos
traveling with rifles to SA question
probably a simple question but we are traveling to SA and i'm taking a 300WSM and 30-06. (left handed) the question..... can i carry both in the same case under my name. everwhere i see it says no two guns of the same Caliber. To my mind they are both 30 caliber (reloader in me) and different gauges.. will i have any trouble.? can anybody shed a little light on this for me.
09-11-2012, 10:33 AM #2
- Member of SCI, RMEF
- Hunted Limpopo, Eastern Cape,Natal
- Blue Skies Hunting Adventures has no Articles
- View Blue Skies Hunting Adventures's Photos
Yes no problems what so ever. Good luck on your hunt.Brian
Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
09-11-2012, 11:04 AM #3
- Member of PHASA ; SCI ; DSC ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
- Hunted South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand
- KMG Hunting Safaris has no Articles
- View KMG Hunting Safaris's Photos
09-11-2012, 11:20 AM #4
- Member of NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
- Hunted USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Africa
- James.Grage has no Articles
- View James.Grage's Photos
Should be no issue...just remember which baggage claim tickets belongs to the rifle case...
and which one for the Ammo...
have a great time...James Grage - New Mexico
Hold a steady Eye & Rifle...
"Very few of the so-called liberals are open-minded...they shout you down and won't let you speak if you disagree with them." John Wayne
09-11-2012, 07:47 PM #5
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozandjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
Look forward to the hunt report.
Just try and put that 300 WSM into that 3006 and see how it goes for you.
The SAPS will know the difference.Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
09-11-2012, 10:50 PM #6
- Member of Life member NRA and NAHC Escalon Sportsmans club and Coalinga Rifle Club
- Hunted USA, RSA
- Divernhunter has no Articles
- Divernhunter has no Photos
It is my understanding that they actually mean Cartridge and not caliber.
09-12-2012, 07:49 AM #7
- Member of SCI
- Hunted Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan
- Diamondhitch has no Articles
- View Diamondhitch's Photos
With the wording I have wondered the same thing.
Shoot Anne at Hunter Support an email and I am sure she will have a definitive answer for you. They have a gun import and permitting service that is perfect for the first time hunter or anyone with a short layover in Joberg.
contactThe journey is the reward.
09-12-2012, 07:53 AM #8
- Member of RFEC, RFETO
- Hunted Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
- Nyati has no Articles
- View Nyati's Photos
SAPS will look at the cartridge designation. Whatever is stamped on your barrel.
By Calhoun in forum Firearms & Ammunition GeneralReplies: 13Last Post: 05-20-2013, 01:19 AM
By bdmd5093 in forum Before & After the HuntReplies: 4Last Post: 07-08-2011, 10:03 AM
By catosilvaje in forum Before & After the HuntReplies: 6Last Post: 04-13-2011, 03:48 PM
By dreaming in forum Bowhunting AfricaReplies: 24Last Post: 04-12-2011, 11:28 AM
By muleman in forum Before & After the HuntReplies: 3Last Post: 04-15-2010, 09:00 PM