CITES - Canada
This is a discussion on CITES - Canada within the Before & After the Hunt forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Hunting in Africa category; Fellow Canadians, I have done some research on importing a CITES animal (Bontebok) into Canada and received some great info ...
08-23-2012, 07:59 AM #1
CITES - Canada
Fellow Canadians, I have done some research on importing a CITES animal (Bontebok) into Canada and received some great info (Thanks Brickburn) on the forms to be filled out at Environment Canada and it seems to be a relatively easy process, but dealing with the government seldom is easy, therefore i was wondering if anyone has had some experience with importing a CITES trophy into Canada?
08-24-2012, 11:30 AM #2
Okay, another question then. Declaring value of your taxidermy at Canada Customs, would that basically be the taxidermist bill for tax purposes? Just trying to figure out what the final leg of the journey would cost.
08-24-2012, 10:09 PM #3
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi) South Africa ( Limpopo, Kwazulu Natal, Northern Cape) Canada (BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia) USA (Montana, Washington, South Dakota, California, Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas, Minnesota, North Carolina, Virginia, Utah, Hawaii)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
08-25-2012, 04:12 AM #4
Thanks again Brickburn, the taxidermy fee seemed logical and i will keep a copy of the trophy fees as well, just in case.
08-25-2012, 04:21 AM #5
- Member of PHASA ; SCI ; DSC ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
- Hunted South Africa, New Zealand
- KMG Hunting Safaris has no Articles
- View KMG Hunting Safaris's Photos
By BRICKBURN in forum Before & After the HuntReplies: 0Last Post: 02-09-2012, 09:41 AM
By AfricaHunting.com in forum Latest Hunting NewsReplies: 0Last Post: 03-29-2010, 01:46 PM
By Calhoun in forum FishingReplies: 6Last Post: 04-26-2009, 06:11 PM