Trophies cleared at SeaTac
This is a discussion on Trophies cleared at SeaTac within the Before & After the Hunt forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Hunting in Africa category; Got the call from Terry Wagner on Monday that my stuff was ready for pickup at the Delta Air Cargo ...
04-03-2012, 07:16 PM #1
Trophies cleared at SeaTac
Got the call from Terry Wagner on Monday that my stuff was ready for pickup at the Delta Air Cargo office at SeaTac airport south of Seattle. Called them and also Fish and Wildlife and setup a time to do all the baloney for today, Tuesday. Drove down to Delta, got the paperwork, drove up the hill to F&W and Customs, let them do their paperwork, drove back to Delta, gave it all to them, paid the $50 storage, loaded my box and left. Piece of cake, third time I have cleared my own trophies. Now of course no CITES animals, or pigs were involved which simplifies things no end. All I had was two skulls, cleaned and bleached and one flat skin rug, the gnu. All nicely done by Colletts Taxidermy in Bulawayo. Glad thats all over with.
04-03-2012, 07:30 PM #2
- Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
- Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
- Bobpuckett has no Articles
- View Bobpuckett's Photos
Good deal Buddy post some pics and lets have a look see!Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
04-03-2012, 10:06 PM #3
- Member of KZN Hunting & Conservation, CHASA, NRA
- Hunted USA,Zim,RSA,Russia,Moz
- saeng101 has no Articles
- View saeng101's Photos
My experiences in Seattle also. F&G is upstairs from Customs and they go out of the way to make things easy. No $800 paperwork charge from a broker either.
04-03-2012, 11:15 PM #4
They shuffled things around since last I was there at the office I was at up the hill from Delta Cargo. F&W is in another bldg so had to walk a short distance from it to Customs. No big deal, both were helpful and easy to deal with. Like you say, save some bucks as well.
04-04-2012, 07:20 AM #5
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
Good news, glad things went smooth.
04-04-2012, 08:17 AM #6
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi) South Africa ( Limpopo, Kwazulu Natal, Northern Cape) Canada (BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia) USA (Montana, Washington, South Dakota, California, Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas, Minnesota, North Carolina, Virginia, Utah, Hawaii)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
That is a nice story to read.
Wish there was more to clear for you but, as you say, at least you got that over with!
By eriknyman in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 16Last Post: 07-15-2012, 07:06 AM
By Norwegianwoods in forum Before & After the HuntReplies: 38Last Post: 04-02-2012, 04:57 AM
By christophe morio in forum Hunting Video Clips Watch InstantlyReplies: 0Last Post: 02-03-2011, 02:17 PM
By browningbbr in forum Before & After the HuntReplies: 16Last Post: 11-26-2010, 03:05 AM
By DLS in forum Before & After the HuntReplies: 2Last Post: 12-16-2009, 09:31 AM