Gemsbok & Kudu back from Taxidermist
This is a discussion on Gemsbok & Kudu back from Taxidermist within the Before & After the Hunt forums, part of the HUNT AFRICA category; Just picked up my Gemsbok and Kudu from the taxidermist last week and thought you all might like to take ...
07-28-2011, 12:41 PM #1
- Member of SCI, NRA, DU, Texas Bowhunter.
- Hunted USA, Canada, Mexico, and South Africa
- Drenalin33 has no Articles
- View Drenalin33's Photos
Gemsbok & Kudu back from Taxidermist
Just picked up my Gemsbok and Kudu from the taxidermist last week and thought you all might like to take a gander at them. I posted my Bushbuck and Eland back in April to show how good they turned out, well the taxidermist didn't disappoint again because these two turned out great. I designed and built the pedestal myself, for a novice it didn't turn out half bad. Enjoy!
07-28-2011, 12:46 PM #2
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
Your taxidermist is a true artist. That kudu is stunning!!! And the oryx with the Africa map on it is pure genius!
07-28-2011, 04:15 PM #3
- Member of NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
- Hunted USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Africa
- James.Grage has no Articles
- View James.Grage's Photos
great looking trophy's they will look good in your homeJames Grage - New Mexico
Hold a steady Eye & Rifle...
"Very few of the so-called liberals are open-minded...they shout you down and won't let you speak if you disagree with them." John Wayne
07-28-2011, 05:28 PM #4
- Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
- Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
- Bobpuckett has no Articles
- View Bobpuckett's Photos
Your Trophy's look Great and not bad Cabinet work on the Pedistal either.
07-28-2011, 08:37 PM #5
- Member of Sporting Shooters Association Australia. Australian Deer Association
- Hunted Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
- messmate has no Articles
- View messmate's Photos
Beautiful Kudu...both are fantastic looking mounts and the pedestal's a great piece..very well done.
08-13-2011, 06:48 AM #6
- Member of SCI, NRA
- Hunted RSA
- desertloper has no Articles
- View desertloper's Photos
Great looking mounts. Just curious what was the length of your horns overall height of the trophy when on the pedestal, and the height of the pedestal.
Sorry for all the questions I have a 38" Gemsbok I will be fitting in a basement and wanted to see how yours measured out.
08-29-2011, 06:11 PM #8
- Member of SCI
- Hunted USA, S. Africa
- PHOENIX PHIL has no Articles
- View PHOENIX PHIL's Photos
Beautiful! I love the pedestal mount and as someone else said, the map of Africa is a perfect compliment.U.S. Contact for HartzView Safaris
08-30-2011, 05:33 AM #9
- Member of NRA Life member, Nature Conservancy, Dallas Safari Club
- Hunted Zimbabwe, South Africa, Canada, Mexico, Louisiana
- Upton O. Good has no Articles
- View Upton O. Good's Photos
Very. very nice. I wish I had the room in my house for these type mounts, they make a striking presence.
08-30-2011, 08:56 AM #10
- Member of PHASA ; SCI ; DSC ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
- Hunted South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand
- KMG Hunting Safaris has no Articles
- View KMG Hunting Safaris's Photos
By bigred in forum Before & After the HuntReplies: 5Last Post: 02-19-2013, 11:00 AM
By Drenalin33 in forum Before & After the HuntReplies: 21Last Post: 04-15-2011, 09:18 AM
By wagnerwwh in forum GREAT DEALS on Hunts WorldwideReplies: 0Last Post: 10-10-2010, 09:56 AM
By wagnerwwh in forum GREAT DEALS on Hunts WorldwideReplies: 1Last Post: 03-20-2010, 08:22 AM
By wagnerwwh in forum GREAT DEALS on Hunts WorldwideReplies: 0Last Post: 01-12-2010, 11:05 AM