Best time to fly to Africa
This is a discussion on Best time to fly to Africa within the Before & After the Hunt forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Hunting in Africa category; I am planning on going back to Namibia in 2014 and will try to go in March, April, or May, ...
04-07-2013, 06:34 PM #1
- Hunted Texas,Namibia,Kansas, Missouri, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho
- lwaters has no Articles
- View lwaters's Photos
Best time to fly to Africa
I am planning on going back to Namibia in 2014 and will try to go in March, April, or May, My PH has suggested coming on the 20th of May. I was wondering if the Memorial Holiday which falls on the 26 will cause me to have a higher flight cost? I tried to get a few flight prices but am a little to early. I am retired so any date works for me it just if it works for the outfitter. Anyone have any suggestions when is the best time to go flight wise. I will probably book a flight through travel express. I have also thought about booking a short hunt in South Africa for Nyala and Bushbuck being as I am already there.
04-07-2013, 07:21 PM #2
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
I flew back one year on Memorial weekend and it didn't cost me more. Heck it seem to be more laid back and relaxing...no rushing!
04-07-2013, 07:24 PM #3
- Member of SCI, NRA
- Hunted RSA
- desertloper has no Articles
- View desertloper's Photos
I booked with Lori, for our safari and for a business trip...she's great.
Fly mid week that's your best chance, Wednesday is the best-generally. Airfare has gone up 25% in the last 3 years...
04-07-2013, 10:02 PM #4
04-08-2013, 03:02 PM #5
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi) South Africa ( Limpopo, Kwazulu Natal, Northern Cape) Canada (BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia) USA (Montana, Washington, South Dakota, California, Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas, Minnesota, North Carolina, Virginia, Utah, Hawaii)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
Avoid holiday travel; More baggage, more bodies.
It is not just price you have to worry about.Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
By primetimebuckeye in forum Hunts OFFERED or WANTED WorldwideReplies: 14Last Post: 11-07-2012, 12:50 PM
By kal in forum Bowhunting AfricaReplies: 20Last Post: 01-09-2012, 04:57 AM
By trophychaser in forum Hunts OFFERED or WANTED WorldwideReplies: 20Last Post: 04-21-2011, 05:08 PM
By billc in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 12Last Post: 02-18-2011, 09:07 AM
By newtohunting in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 9Last Post: 02-23-2010, 12:59 AM