Flight to Zimbabwe?
This is a discussion on Flight to Zimbabwe? within the Before & After the Hunt forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Hunting in Africa category; Heading to Zim this summer and need to book my flight. Flew Delta from Atlanta direct to Joburg in the ...
03-26-2013, 07:09 AM #1
- Member of NRA, DU, Delta Waterfowl, SCI, NWTF, RMEF,
- Hunted Canada, Mexico, South Africa, US, Central America
- Capt. Purvis has no Articles
- Capt. Purvis has no Photos
Flight to Zimbabwe?
Heading to Zim this summer and need to book my flight. Flew Delta from Atlanta direct to Joburg in the past. Most people that I talk to get flight from 1400 to1800. I know that it is late in the year to find a flight with South African Airlines. I was at a show a couple of weeks ago and meet a guy who book a round trip flight from Dullus to Joburg for $800. That is a deal but I have not been able to find a flight that cheap. I would not mind a layover if I can save a thousands bucks. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Last edited by BRICKBURN; 03-26-2013 at 08:33 AM.
03-26-2013, 07:55 AM #2
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
That would be a deal!
03-26-2013, 08:06 AM #3
- Hunted Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
- Cliffy has no Articles
- View Cliffy's Photos
Never heard of one that cheap. Wonder what airline? Are you sure it wasn't one way only?IF YOU GO ONCE-YOU WILL GO AGAIN-DEAL WITH IT
03-26-2013, 08:36 AM #4
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozandjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
SAA $614 each way at the moment.
Washington or New York.Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
03-29-2013, 11:31 AM #5
- Member of NRA, SCI, RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, Zimbabwe
- The Big Game Hunter has no Articles
- View The Big Game Hunter's Photos
Last year I flew Delta direct from Atlanta to JoBurg, caught a SAA regional flight to Polokwane, and the PH picked us up at the airport and drove the rest of the way to the hunting concession. The Delta flight was about $1600 and the regional flight was about $150. Anything less than that would be an absolute steal.http://www.thebiggamehuntingblog.com/
The most terrifying sound in nature is not the roar of a charging lion, nor the whistle of a descending bomb; rather it is a click when you expect a bang.