2012 trophies are home
This is a discussion on 2012 trophies are home within the Before & After the Hunt forums, part of the HUNT AFRICA category; My SA 2012 trophies are home and without any of the challenges of last year. Three of the heads (Steenbok, ...
01-30-2013, 09:54 AM #1
- Member of NRA Life member, Nature Conservancy, Dallas Safari Club
- Hunted Zimbabwe, South Africa, Canada, Mexico, Louisiana
- Upton O. Good has no Articles
- View Upton O. Good's Photos
2012 trophies are home
My SA 2012 trophies are home and without any of the challenges of last year. Three of the heads (Steenbok, duiker and bushbuck) will be mounted together in a group, they're small enough to fit into the low ceilings of my home. The remainder were processed as skulls and hides and they will be displayed throughout the house.
I find myself holding and feeling the hides, the blue wildebeest, black wildebeest, and impala are particularly striking, so is the springbok. I love looking at the scars that personalize the hides of the older animals, they've obviously been through some territory/female acquisition battles. And I can recall each of the specific hunts that is welded to each animal, none of them were "Oh, there it is, shoot it." They required stealth and effort and focus. And my PH Evert guided me for each, his skill and patience I remember with great fondness. Thanks once again, Evert.
And my wife loves the trophies almost as much as I. I guess my own "female acquisition scars" were well worth it.
01-30-2013, 10:27 AM #2
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozondjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
Love it when a plan comes together.
Skull mounts all look really good.Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
01-30-2013, 10:44 AM #3
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
Everything looks good!
01-30-2013, 11:09 AM #4
- Member of PHASA, SA Hunter & Conservation
- Hunted South Africa, Botswana
- Bos en Dal Safaris has no Articles
- View Bos en Dal Safaris's Photos
Very nice, congrats on the tropheesGerrit Jansen van Vuuren
BOS EN DAL HUNTING SAFARIS - South Africa
01-30-2013, 11:19 AM #5
- Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
- Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
- Bobpuckett has no Articles
- View Bobpuckett's Photos
Congrats glad they made it home safe. I wish mine would get on a plane I've got a few spots cleared for them.Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
01-30-2013, 01:33 PM #6
- Member of NAHC life member, SCI
- Hunted Kentucky, Tennessee, Texas, Alaska, Namibia
- sanderson0203 has no Articles
- View sanderson0203's Photos
I am sure I speak for just about everybody that I would love to see your trophies. Who did you us as your dip and pack/taxidermist? Who did you use as your importer getting them into the States? How long did it take from safari to arrival at home?
01-30-2013, 01:37 PM #7
- Member of SCI, RMEF
- Hunted Limpopo, Eastern Cape,Natal
- Blue Skies Hunting Adventures has no Articles
- View Blue Skies Hunting Adventures's Photos
Congrats, A good feeling indeed when they make it home, I just had 2 crates show up in November and I don't think I left The garage the entire day.Brian
Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
01-30-2013, 09:56 PM #8
- Member of SCI
- Hunted Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan
- Diamondhitch has no Articles
- View Diamondhitch's Photos
Good looking bunch of critters! They look well cared for too. I cant wait to see mine now, they arrived the first week of this month but I haven't been able to get home to see them yet - My Christmas comes Friday!!!The journey is the reward.
02-01-2013, 07:55 AM #9
- Member of RFEC, RFETO
- Hunted Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
- Nyati has no Articles
- View Nyati's Photos
Congrats, it s nice when everything turns out well.
By ikeda in forum Before & After the HuntReplies: 7Last Post: 05-02-2013, 01:47 PM
By desertloper in forum Before & After the HuntReplies: 13Last Post: 01-11-2013, 10:53 PM
By Wintershoek Safaris in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 13Last Post: 12-20-2012, 10:09 AM
By Upton O. Good in forum Before & After the HuntReplies: 4Last Post: 01-12-2012, 10:25 PM
By Merry B in forum Before & After the HuntReplies: 1Last Post: 09-18-2009, 09:47 AM