.375 v .375 H&H
This is a discussion on .375 v .375 H&H within the .375 & Up forums, part of the Firearms & Ammunition category; can a .375 factory round be fired (once) in a weapon chambered .375 H&H?...
07-11-2013, 05:23 AM #1
- Hunted Africa, Australia, UK.
- Reckless has no Articles
- View Reckless's Photos
.375 v .375 H&H
can a .375 factory round be fired (once) in a weapon chambered .375 H&H?
07-11-2013, 08:13 AM #2
- Member of SCI
- Hunted USA, S. Africa
- PHOENIX PHIL has no Articles
- View PHOENIX PHIL's Photos
There are a few rifles calibers out there designed to handle rounds in multiple chamberings. For example I know you can fire a .458 Win Mag round in a rifle chambered for .458 Lott. That said I wouldn't put a .375RUM or .378 Weatherby in a .375H&H chamber. I don't think it could be done even if you tried. The .375H&H case tapers from wider to narrower from the rim to the neck, part of why it extracts so nicely. The RUM and Weatherby versions do not have this tapered design. Furthermore the RUM and Wby cases are wider overall than the widest point on the H&H case.
Again, with the info you provided my advice is DO NOT do this.Bonse Aba
07-11-2013, 08:40 AM #3
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
If it says .375 Ruger don't use that ammo either!
07-11-2013, 09:41 AM #4
- Hunted South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Poachers.
- DOCMAN has no Articles
- View DOCMAN's Photos
07-11-2013, 09:49 AM #5
07-11-2013, 08:17 PM #6
- Member of New Zealand Deerstalkers Association, New Zealand Hunting and Shooting
- Hunted South Africa, New Zealand
- Spudattack has no Articles
- Spudattack has no Photos
Only fire .375H&H ammo in a .375H&H.
If the rifle however is a .375 Ackley Improved it can fire .375H&H, .375 Weatherby or .375 Ackley Improved.Overkill is underrated...